Chapter 55

"What time will you go home?" Jungkook asked Jin as the latter started eating.

"I might do an overnight shift, Kook." Jin said as he gulped down his food.

"What? Baby, you are pregnant. You can't just keep on working like this." Jungkook said as he stopped what he was doing in his laptop and looked at Jin.

"Just for today. Don't worry, I am not picking up shifts. I just have a patient scheduled for a long operation. I decided to just do an overnight after it, instead of driving myself home." Jin answered, knowing full well where the conversation is going.

"No. I will stay here. We'll go home together. Leave your car here." Jungkook said then went to focus again on his laptop.

"Kook, the surgery might end after midnight, you should already be asleep that time." Jin said.

Jungkook looked at him and sighed. He slowly stood up from his sit and walked towards where Jin was currently sitting. He then sat beside him and looked at him.

"W-what? Why are you looking at me like that?" Jin asked, suddenly getting conscious.

"Baby, I think you forgot that we are already engaged. That means, I have a responsibility to you. Also, we have a baby together, growing inside you. I am responsible for both of you. So don't think about my rest, because I definitely can't sleep well if the two of you are not well and safe. Okay?" Jungkook said.

Jin blushed by what he said. Sometimes, he still goes back to the past and how painful everything had been for him and for Jungkook, but looking at it now, everything seemed to fall into the right places.

He looked at Jungkook and kissed his lips with a quick one.

"Thank you." He said and rest his head on Jungkook's shoulder. "You don't know how much this means to me. I love you so much." Jin said.

Jungkook smiled at the words said by Jin.

"Just go to my office when you're done. We'll go home together." Jungkook said and Jin nodded.

************

"Why are you still here?" Taehyung asked when he saw Jungkook waiting outside the operating room.

"Waiting for Jin." He answered looking at the small glass window.

Taehyung chuckled seeing his cousin very protective of Jin.

"What?" Jungkook asked when he heard Taehyung chuckling.

"Nothing." Taehyung said shaking his head. "By the way,  next week is Namjoon's wedding. I know it's kind of busy here, but what's your plan?"

"Ah, yes! Jin reminded me 2 days ago. He told me not to schedule long surgeries so that we can go. We both have shifts same day."

"I see. I can pick you up. Just so you won't need to drive. Me and Yoongi will go together." Taehyung said. "It will be fun if we all go together." He suggested.

"Nice idea, actually. I think we can do that. I will tell Jin." Jungkook said and just right on time Jin was opening the door to the operating room after he cleaned his hands.

"Tell me what?" He asked as he removed his head cover.

"Baby! How was the operation?" Jungkook said quickly as he hugged Jin by his waist and kissed him.

"I swear, if I am Jin I will get tired of you." Taehyung commented.

"Good thing you are not Jin, because my baby loves my clingy side." Jungkook said and kissed Jin again. "How was the surgery baby?"