Chapter 30

Before leaving the hospital, Jungkook checked each department that are under him. He stopped midway before checking on the E.R. because he knows that Jin is still mad at him. He is scared to face the other's wrath because he knows Seokjin's attitude full well.

"Jungkook?" A voice was heard from behind him.

When Jungkook looked back, he was surprised to see Jung Hoseok.

"I did not know I will see you alive! We were all so worried about you!" He said to him wanting to hug his old friend. Even though they part ways with a disagreement, it's still not right to disregard the friendship they had.

"Good evening, Hoseok. It's so nice to see you again." Jungkook said bowing to his old friend.

"The rumors are true! You are here, in the flesh. Are you about to go home?" Hoseok asked again.

"Just checking on the whole department before I go home." He said.

"Great! Let's have coffee! I'm also about to leave."

"I---I need to---"

"Stop thinking about excuses."

"Dr. Jeon!" They both looked at the source of the voice but Hoseok did not recognize the man who suddenly held Jungkook's arm. "Shall we?" The man asked. "Oh, Nurse Yugyeom Kim." He said extending his hand to Hoseok.

"D-doctor Jung. I was a friend of Jungkook in Busan."

"Oh! It is nice to meet you. Please excuse us, we're just on our way home." Yugyeom said as he held Jungkok's arm.

"Ah! I see. I guess I'll see you both around." Hoseok said as he bid his goodbye to them. "Nice to see you again, Jungkook."

"Same, Hoseok. Let's talk some other time." He said before leaving the doctor.

As soon as they reached the elevator, Yugyeom let go of Jungkook's arm.

"Why did you do that?" Jungkook asked looking at Yugyeom.

"It's fun." Yugyeom said smiling at him.

"I don't need your help out there." Jungkook said with a slight irritation at Yugyeom.

"Cheer up! I just saw how hard it was for you to leave the conversation and you are not ready yet to talk to them. I know that you are having a really good time watching your beloved from afar, but you are not yet ready to ask for forgiveness." Yugyeom said. "I will see you tomorrow, Dr. Jeon." Yugyeom said as the elevator door opened to the parking lot, bowing to Jungkook.

Jungkook was stunned as he looked at Yugyeom riding his own car. "Maybe he's right." He mumbled to himself before riding his own car.

***********

"Are you feeling better?" Hoseok asked Jin as he accompanied him for coffee.

Jin held his cup and blew it a little before getting a sip. He nodded his head at Hoseok.

"I saw Jungkook earlier. He was about to go to the emergency room and he hesitated. I invited him for coffee but someone came, a nurse named Kim Yugyeom. He held Jungkook's arm as he ushered him to go home." Hoseok said.

Jin held his cup tighter.

"Is that probably a boyfriend of his?"

Jin shrugged. "He introduced him as his personal nurse and someone he does his surgeries with."

"Oh! The man must be really good. He looks really close to Jungkook, though. I bet there's something about them." Hoseok said biting on his sandwich.

"Why would I even care?"