Chapter 27

After 3 years

"I will just take a break, Jin. Would you like to come with me?" Hoseok asked Jin as he came to their quarters.

"No. I am still reviewing this case. I will eat my sandwich." Jin said as he took a bite of his sandwich and browsed through the book.

"You've been reviewing that since 2 days ago. Can't you spare yourself with good food, though?" Hoseok asked trying to take the attention of his friend away from the book and charts he is reading.

"This will just be quick. Go ahead."

"Jin..."

Jin sighed and closed the book he is reading.

"Taehyung will eat with us." Hoseok said. "I can't lie to you. He just came back from a surgery he performed in US for a VIP patient."

"Taehyung and I are fine. We can be friends and civil, but we are no longer that close. Did he ask you to pull me for lunch?" Jin asked.

"He did but I'll pull you anyway, because you need to eat. It's already past your shift and you haven't anything like a real food." Hoseok said.

Jin sighed again and closed his eyes. "Okay. I'll come with you."

Hoseok jumped happily. "Perfect! Namjoon's craving for barbeque so I reserved to a restaurant nearby." Hoseok said as he messaged his boyfriend.

Jin just shook his head.

When he and Hoseok arrived at the restaurant, they saw Yoongi, Taehyung and Namjoon already started cooking. His heart started beating so fast seeing Taehyung. Yes, it's been 3 years but he actually never had another conversation with the man. He never heard from Jungkook and that also hurts a lot. He never asked Taehyung even though he is sure the man is aware about his cousin's whereabouts. If he is willing to share that information with him, Jin would not need to ask.

After their break up, Seokjin moved out of the apartment as he believes both of them need to move on. Taehyung had been busy with his specialization and after he completed it, he had been busy and was sent to different countries and hospitals because of his skills.

Seokjin, on the other hand, had been busy with his specialization, determined to be the best with the course taken.

Taehyung never stopped sending him messages and even sends him flowers and gifts on special occasions. Jin would sometimes send them back to Taehyung but the latter would just send it back to him, so he kept all his gifts, hiding them in his room.

Yoongi came back to Seoul but was also sent to different countries and hospitals due to his expertise. He stayed in the same apartment with Taehyung, Namjoon and Hoseok.

Namjoon and Hoseok had deeper relationship but decided not to rush it because of the trauma they had seen with Taehyung's and Jin's relationship.

Despite of multiple attempts, Jin never attended any event wherein Taehyung was included. As much as possible, he tried his best to avoid the man. It is hard seeing him not thinking about all the things that happened to them. Seeing Taehyung also makes him remember Jungkook, and it hurts when he doesn't even know if Jungkook is still alive.

"Here!" Namjoon said waving to Jin and Hoseok.

Hoseok happily pulled him towards their table.

"Nice to see you out of your cave, Jin." Namjoon said jokingly.

"Y-yeah. Sorry had been busy. There were a lot of patients at the emergency room." Jin said stuttering a little bit because of how he feels Taehyung stares at him.