Chapter 50

"Are you sure about this?" Jungkook asked Seokjin again as the latter was wearing his clothes.

"Jungkook, we've already talked about this. You said it yourself, Taehyung will not harm me. Also, I would immediately alert you if there's anything I need." Jin said as he straddled Jungkook and kissed his lips.

Jungkook hugged him, rubbed his back and rest his head on Jin's chest. "I am worried about you."

"I lived with this man for years, Jungkook. I was not hurt during that time and he is a gentleman. If he really wanted to do that, it could have been easier during the time that I trust him."

"It's not the same now. I am not even sure if he's still the Taehyung I knew."

"The mere fact that he takes care of my brother means he still has a soft heart. I will be back as soon as we're done. I promise." Jin said as he pulled Jungkook by holding his face and kissing him.

Jungkook started inserting his hand under his yellow sweater but Jin pulled it away from his skin.

"You are not doing this now." Jin said with a chuckle as he pulled away from the kiss.

"Yes, I am." Jungkook said as he bit Jin's neck leaving a big kiss mark on it while Jin moaned his name.

**********

Taehyung was surprised when he opened the door to their apartment, seeing Jin outside. He's the least person he expects to be there when he heard the bell rang.

"Hi! Can I come inside?" Jin asked with a smile.

"J-Jin." Taehyung said with a sudden longingness visible in his eyes.

"I hope it's fine to visit you. I brought you lunch." Jin said again, hoping to get Taehyung's attention as he put the paper bag beside his face.

Instead of answering, Taehyung hugged him suddenly.

Out of surprise, Jin dropped the bag of food he was holding.

"I miss you so much." Taehyung said as he kept on hugging Jin tighter. "I always dreamt of the day that I'll finally open my door and it's you I will see. I can't believe you are here now, Jin."

Jin felt his shoulder getting wet and he realized that Taehyung was crying. He tapped his back with one hand, trying his best not to return the hug but just be a friend for Taehyung.

************

Jin prepared the meal he brought as Taehyung looks at him, still not believing that Jin is in the same apartment they stayed with together before.

"Yoongi said you are not eating well. Try this, it's very delicious. I bought it from the new restaurant nearby." Jin said as he sat in front of Taehyung, serving him the food.

"T-thank you." Taehyung said as he looked at the food.

"Come on, let's eat."

"Why are you here, Jin?" Taehyung suddenly asked, realizing that Jin is doing something awkward for himself.

Jin put down his chopsticks.

"I am here as a friend." He said looking straight at Taehyung's eyes that are starting to get teary again.

Taehyung's expression turned from sad, pained, love, then anger. "I already told Jungkook everything. I don't have anything more to say." Taehyung said.

"I know. I am not here to ask you anything." Jin said. He looked down at his food as he started talking again. "When I was lost, you were there for me, Tae. You've been the only comfort I ever had and I was able to face my challenges because you never left me." Jin said then looked at Taehyung again. "I am not here to just return the favor, but I am also here because I know how painful it feels to see the person you love loving someone else who isn't you and all you had to do was accept it.

I am here to tell you that I forgive you."

Taehyung's tears suddenly fell down from his eyes as he heard those words.

"I may not be able to give you the same comfort you gave to me, nor the same love that I felt when I was with you, but I want you to know that I am here for you, as a friend.

I know it is hard, seeing someone that you must have loved loving someone else, that is why I don't want to force you in keeping me but I will be happy if you will reach out to me.

I am also thankful to you for taking care of my brother, Taehyung. I already talked to his doctors and I will talk to him soon with my parents so that we can give him the utmost care he needs.

I know that you are only doing this because of me. Tae, I want you to start doing something because of you."

Jin extended his hand to hold Taehyung's.

"Do something that would make you happy again." He said to Taehyung.

"Only you could make me happy." Taehyung said looking at Jin as he sobbed hard.

Jin was not able to control his tears from falling, seeing the weak side of Taehyung.

He stood up from his seat and hugged Taehyung's head towards him, letting him cry on his chest.

"I'm sorry for doing this to you, Taehyung." Jin said crying as well. "I did not mean harm to you. It's painful to break up with you but it's more painful seeing you like this. Please move on." Jin said as he held on Taehyung.

"H-how can I do that, Jin? How? I tried everything." Taehyung said while crying.

"Let me go." Jin said which was more painful to hear for Taehyung but he knows it's the thing he hasn't done yet.

************

When Jin went out of Taehyung's room, he looked at his sweater dumped in Taehyung's tears.

"You're here." Someone said and Seokjin was surprised. He looked at the man and saw Yoongi.

"I am here." Seokjin said.

"How is he?" Yoongi asked.

"He fell asleep crying. He was not able to eat the food I bought."

"I can reheat it when he wakes up." Yoongi said.

"Yoongi..."

"Hm?" The other answered as he looked up at Jin.

"Are you still in love with Taehyung?" Jin asked.

Yoongi did not show any emotion, but deep inside, he was surprised with the question.

Silence means yes for Jin so he did not wait for his answer anymore.

"Please take care of him. Jungkook is waiting for me at home." He said as he opened the door and left a stunned Yoongi.