Chapter 53

"Why are you here?" Jimin asked Jin as soon as he saw his figure in his room.

He was taken back to Busan by his parents so that they can take care of him and accompany him to his sessions. He is currently admitted for his chemotherapy and Jin decided to visit him.

"Are you happy now seeing me miserable?" Jimin asked.

"I am pregnant and it's Jungkook's." Jin said.

Jimin looked at him with wide eyes. "You really want to hurt me." Jimin said. "You are happy seeing me suffer."

"I am telling you this because I want you to have a reason to fight." Jin said.

"More like reason for me to live you alone."

"H-hyung..." Jin said.

Jimin looked away, did not want to satisfy Jin with the feeling that he craved for him to call him that again.

"Remember, we promised each other that when we get to have children, we'll make sure that they'll be as happy as we are when we were children. We said we'll take care of each other's kids, we will play with them and celebrate their birthdays together."

"Why are you saying that now?" Jimin asked.

"Because you promised me." Jin said with tears uncontrollably falling from his eyes.

"I broke too many promises already. I promised not to hurt you when you were born. But I hurt you multiple times. I guess promises are meant to be broken."

Jin went near him and held his hand.

"I always believed in you. I always admired you. I know that you will survive this because you are a fighter. I know how much you have loved Jungkook. Sometimes, love will make us do crazy things but I know that you can also overrule your own feelings if you'll feel more love from other people.

Hyung... I am sorry I was not there for you when you lost Sunghoon. I am sorry, I was not there for you when you were hurt when Jungkook left. I am sorry that I was not there for you when you were diagnosed with cancer. I am sorry when...wh---when y-you lost your baby."

Jimin's eyes widened when he heard what Jin said. "H-how d---did y-you know t-that?" He asked now crying, remembering the time he lost his child.

"The doctor told us. I did not know and I am sorry. I should have been there for you like how we promised each other. But I failed to be there for you. I am sorry, hyung.

I love you, hyung, and I promise to be here for you again." Jin said as he squeezed Jimin's hand.

"T-that was supposedly my first and only baby. H---he did n-not make it. B-but that is actually better than for him to see my fucked up life. I did not deserve to have a baby anyway." Jimin said.

Jin held Jimin's hand closer to him.

"You are a wonderful person, hyung. I know you are, but heavily influenced by cynicism. Hyung, we are here for you. Mom, Dad, me, and Jungkook... we all support you to be at your best."

"Jungkook..." Jimin whispered.

"Give him time to forgive you, Hyung. It will take time." Jin said.

"H-how was he?"

"He is fine, better than before. He does not know about my pregnancy yet. You're the first person I talked to about it."

"He'll be a good father." Jimin said.

"I know he will." Jin answered.

Jimin looked at him for a while. Jin just smiled at him, despite the tears he has.

"Tell mom and dad that I agree in visiting my seminars againa and the therapy sessions." Jimin said.

Jin's eyes light up with what he heard and held Jimin's hand closer to his face.

"Thank you, hyung." Jin said.

************

Jungkook hugged Jin as soon as he went out of Jimin's room. Despite of his efforts to relax, he is scared of what Jimin might do to his boyfriend.

"Jungkook, you're hugging me too tight." Jin said tapping Jungkook's back.

"I'm sorry, Jin. I am just nervous. How was it? You were not hurt, right?" Jungkook asked checking on Jin's body.

"Jungkook, he's still my brother. I know he can't hurt me that much. The conversation was fine."

Jungkook breathe out as he started to relax.

"That's good, Jin." He said as he hugged Jin's waist and kissed his forehead. "I am happy that you were able to sort things out with him."

"I am also happy." Jin said as he rest his head on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Should we have dinner somewhere before we travel back to Seoul tomorrow?" Jungkook asked.

"Mom already prepared my room. We can stay for the night there and I also asked her to prepare dinner for us. It's been a long time, don't you think?" Jin said as he looked at Jungkook.

"I agree. Let's not keep them waiting. Let's go?"

"Hm." Jin nodded at him.

************

"It's good to have the two of you here." Jin's mom said seeing the two enjoying the food. "The house is not as lively as before and I miss having the two of you around." She said.

"We also miss this place, mom. By the way, I also have some important news and reason why I wanted us to have dinner here tonight." Jin said, getting the attention of everyone.

Jungkook looked at him with curious eyes, not also sure what the news is about. If it's about work, he is sure that he should know but there's nothing he can think of.

"What is it, son?" Mr. Kim asked getting impatient.

"I am 4 weeks pregnant." Jin said as he bit his lip.

Jungkook's eyes widened, Mrs. Kim clapped her hand and Mr. Kim just smiled.

"R-really, Jin?" Jungkook asked thinking already where he should purchase a house, what will be the specialization of his baby, what---

"Jungkook, stop thinking a lot. I can actually read what's on your mind right now." Jin said laughing.

"Jin, we're going to have a baby?" He asked again.

"Yes, we are, Dr. Jeon." He said with a smile.

"Oh my god! I'm gonna be a father!" He said witb a very wide smile.

He then looked at Jin's parents in front of them and asked:

"Eomonim, Abeoji, can I have your blessing to marry your son?" He suddenly asked the couple.

If they thought Jin's news is surprising, they were more surprised when Jungkook suddenly knelt picking up a box from his back pocket.

"You said we should take it slow but I think lifetime of friendship was already enough for me to know that I am sure about wanting to spend my life with you.

Kim Seokjin, and with the blessing of Mr. And Mrs. Kim, will you be a Jeon, please say yes?" He asked hoping to get the best response.

Mr. And Mrs. Kim held hands as they were both teary upon seeing Jungkook's proposal.

Jin looked at his parents and smiled at them.

Both nodded at him, giving them their blessing.

"Of course, I would love to be a Jeon as long as you are my husband." Jin said as tears fell down from his eyes due to happiness he felt.

Jungkook made him wear the ring and hugged him so tight after.

"I love you, future Jeon Seokjin." Jungkook said.

"I love you, too, my future husband." Jin answered.