Chapter 17

As Jin expected, his first few weeks in the hospital had been challenging. It was hard to even see his housemates but whenever he is available, he cooks for them and pack it to cannisters, writing their names on top. He wants to make sure that all of them can eat healthily.

He was currently assigned in the emergency room and with different schedules from Taehyung and Yoongi. So even though they are all practicing general surgery, they only see each other to say hi and bye.

He learned from the head of surgery though that he'll be moved to the operating room starting next week and will have to change schedule, too. He was happy hearing this because finally he'll be able to see Yoongi and Taehyung in action. The two are quite famous in the hospital because of their successful complicated operations despite of being interns. He is excited to learn from them and to also practice with them before they get to complete their residency duty and study for their specialization.

He is currently at the emergency room reading the charts of the patients when someone tapped him.

"Dr. Kim."

Jin's eyes widened and almost shouted seeing Taehyung finally.

"Hyung!! I-I mean Dr. Kim."

"What time will you take your lunch?" Taehyung asked.

"In 30 minutes, doctor, if there'll be no new patient."

"Okay. I'll wait for you at the cafeteria." Taehyung said smiling at him then leaving.

The nurses and some doctors were looking at Taehyung and were murmuring.

"He got an eye for you." Dr. Lee, a resident also in the emergency room said.

"W-what do you mean?" Jin asked.

"First, he never visited the emergency room unless he's being summoned. Second, he and Dr. Min have their own world. They are kind but they don't have anyone else within their circle. Well, except for the famous Dr. Kim Namjoon. Another hunk doctor. The three of them were like the most famous for their looks and talent." Dr. Lee Sangyeob said.

"They are all kind."

"You've met them all?"

"Y-yeah. They were relatives of my f-friends. They take good care of me." Seokjin answered.

"That is expected. You are also famous here so I'm pretty sure they also have eyes on you." Sangyeob said.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"You're just the crazy doctor who performed an actual operation in the emergency room on your first week just to save the life of that person. Of course everyone will talk about you and your pretty face." He explained and chuckling at how Jin suddenly blushed. "Eversince you came here, people were vying at you. I bet a lot of doctors have their eyes on you and wanting to get closer to you, but it looks like doctors are not approaching because of a particular Kim Taehyung."

"Don't say that! Hyung is a friend. I don't want to give color on how he treats me." Jin said.

"Whatever you say." Sangyeob said still with a tease.

************

"Hey, Seokjin. How was your duty so far?" Taehyung asked as soon as Jin sat on the table he reserved.

"It is fun, hyung. It will be more fun next week since I'll have the time to watch you and Yoongi-hyung." He said happily.

"That's good. I actually brought us food today."

"Oh, you didn't have to." Jin said shyly.

"I've wanted to treat you out but we were both busy. Treat this as my welcome treat for you."

"Then I'll accept it since you positioned it like that." Jin said then took the bento box given by Taehyung. "Wow! These food looks good."

"Taste it. I know you don't get to eat a lot during your duty. Eat before they page you." Taehyung said.

Jin smiled at him. "Thanks, hyung." He said then started eating the food inside the box. "Hm! It's delicious!"

"There's this Japanese restaurant near our place that me and Yoongi usually visit because of their food. The owner already knows us and gives us the freshest one whenever we order take out." Taehyung said.

"That's nice. Let's go there when we have free time." Jin said while munching the food.

"Looking forward to that." Taehyung answered.

"How is your duty at the O.R.?" Jin asked.

"It was fine. You'll definitely enjoy it. There are a lot of cases here and you'll learn a lot from the senior doctors. Namjoon is also great in action. You should observe some of his operations. He's one of the smartest doctors here."

"I figured out. But, hyung, tell me more about you and Yoongi-hyung. I heard that even in your residency, people are treating you like seniors already because of your skills." Jin asked, quite curious about Yoongi's and Taehyung's residency.

"You'll see more of that when you start observing us. It's not usually allowed to perform surgery without a senior, however, me and Yoongi were usually just being observed by the head of OR. They trust us that much. Of course, the surgery is not always perfect, there are successful and unsuccessful ones, but what is important is that the patient is aware of the possible results.

Me and Yoongi are not perfect but they call us "the duos" because of how we complete our surgeries successfully. The seniors offered us scholarships also for the specialization that we would like to take. We are still choosing as we still have 4 months anyway to take that path."

Jin listened well with everything that Taehyung said, amazed at how this handsome man is also very successful.

"Wow! How I wish I can be like that!" He exclaimed.

"You'll be better than us, I am sure. You're already crazy performing a surgery at the ER during your first week." Taehyung chuckled and Jin smiled shyly.

Jin just finished his food when his pager sounded.

"That's me." Jin said drinking his water quickly. "Thank you again for the food, Hyung. I'll see you at home." He said bowing.

"Don't run, you might get stomachache."

Jin smiled at him. "I won't. I'll go now."

Taehyung looked at him, smiling.