Chapter 49

"Jin, you called for me?" Yoongi said when he met Jin at a cafè near the hospital.

"Yoongi, I'm sorry had to call you during your duty."

"You don't have shift today?" Yoongi asked.

"I will be on duty later. I'm on night shift." Jin answered.

"I assume you are here to ask me things you already know?" Yoongi asked.

The waiter gave their drinks before Jin was able to respond.

"Yoongi, please be honest with me." Jin said. "Taehyung told Jungkook things and I am not sure which one to believe in right now."

"Do you have other stories to know?" Yoongi asked.

"I--- I do---don't." Jin said.

"Jin, Taehyung was in love with you." Yoongi sighed. "He always did, ever since he met you. He always knew how you felt about Jungkook and how Jungkook felt for you. I knew how he watched you from afar just to know how you are. He would always tell me that one day he would make you his, something only his and should not be shared to anyone, just like how Jungkook shares his parents to him."

Jin was listening eagerly to Yoongi, feeling slight pain in his chest.

"When the two of you were together, he was the happiest but I would always talk to him to be honest with you. He was never honest to you because of the fear of losing you. I know he was in the wrong but when a man only has one treasure to keep, he would keep that even for the wrong reasons.

I am sure whatever he said to Jungkook is true and he was finally able to release the truth.

Jin, I would not ask you to give him one more chance, but I want you to forgive him. He was blinded by his love for you but Taehyung will never do anything to harm you. He is like a brother to me and I know all his sacrifices and pain. I don't think he will ever find anyone to love other than you and your forgiveness is already enough to make him feel the same again, just forgiveness." Yoongi said to Jin.

**********

"You are early for your duty, Jin." Jungkook said when he saw Jin entering his office. He immediately stood up and hugged him.

Jin hugged him tighter.

"How was your conversation with Yoongi?" Jungkook asked feeling that Jin is not okay.

"How was Taehyung growing up with you, Jungkook?" Jin asked.

Jungkook pulled away from Jin and pulled his hand for them to sit at the couch.

"Hm. He was particularly quiet. He does not like going out most of the time. He is very giving and would never ask for anything even when my mom and dad would let him choose for a gift. The only thing he asked from them is allowance for school and special projects." Jungkook said trying to remember his childhood with Taehyung. "He is the closest thing I can have for a brother. We never fought for any toy but whenever I want one of his toys or books, he would always give it to me without any question. I guess that's the reason why I love him like a brother." Jungkook added.

Jin then realized how Taehyung's childhood was. He thinks he never owns anything. Everything that Jungkook touches will never be his, that's why he thought of Seokjin as one of the things that they share but this time he did not want to share Jin to anyone that is why he thought being selfish is the best idea, plus the lying part.

"I want to talk to Taehyung... alone." Jin said.

Jungkook looked at him.

"I understand." Jungkook said.