Chapter 33

"Good morning, Dr. Kim Seokjin. It is nice to see you again." Yugyeom said seeing Seokjin scrubbing in for the surgery. He was already preparing the instruments to be used for the surgery when Jin came in.

Jin bowed to him while the assistant nurse started helping him out in wearing his scrubs.

When Jin completed wearing his gown and gloves, Jungkook came in quickly followed by Taehyung. Both were helped by two nurses at the same time.

"How are his vitals?" Jungkook asked the anesthesiologist.

"All good. We can start in 2 minutes." Dr. Kong, the anesthesiologist said.

"Good." Jungkook said as he sat at the clean chair given to him, so that he can see on the head level of the patient.

As soon as the clock strikes 2 minutes, Jungkook started to talk knowing that people outside are watching.

"We will now begin the surgery. Dr. Kim from the neuro department will be doing the surgery once I enter the brain, due to the blood clot seen in the MRI. Dr. Kim from Trauma Surgery and I will be ensuring that the trauma in the head will be removed." He paused for a little bit. "Scalpel." He said and Seokjin quickly passed it on to him, while Yugyeom oversees the instruments and pass whatever is needed to Seokjin.

While Taehyung started the brain surgery, Seokjin noticed something in the camera.

"Stop!" He said and Taehyung had to stop.

He looked at Seokjin with a very confused look.

"Aside from the clot there's also a small, unnoticeable hemorrage." He said.

Taehyung looked at Seokjin and then at the screen he was looking at.

"The hemorrhage doesn't seemed to be impact of the accident. Based on the region where it's at, it seems to be the reason for the accident. The patient must have been unconscious suddenly and had been the reason for the accident." Seokjin explained.

Jungkook looked closer at the screen and at the MRI. He realized that the reason for it to be unidentifiable is because it was hidden in one of the nerves in MRI. Seokjin's eyes is really good for catching it because if he did not, there will be excessive bleeding that could lead to shock.

He looked at Seokjin intently as he started explaining.

"We can operate on the other side of the brain." Seokjin said.

"Do we need to create a new hole, Dr. Kim?" Dr. Shin asked as he observed them inside.

"No need. We just need to be very careful not to touch the same nerve." Seokjin explained.

Taehyung nodded. "I will change the position of my procedure, then." He said. "Nice catch, Dr. Kim." He said smiling at him.

Jungkook observed how Seokjin looked away but did not miss the blush on his face.

The surgery went on for 12 hours as they had to give the brain room for breathing.

Seokjin left the surgery room first to talk to the family and the chairman as instructed by Jungkook and Dr. Shin.

He washed his hands and went out straight away.

"The operation was successful." Seokjin said smiling at the family. "Dr. Jeon, the leader of the operation will explain some more information to you once he completes the surgery. The patient will have to stay at the ICU before another operation will be performed in putting back the decompressed skull back."

"Thank God! Thank you, Mr. Kim." The mother said.

"You are welcome, Mrs. Han. I will take my leave now."