Chapter 28

Leaving this here before I get busy again. Enjoy! Next update might be on the weekend.

Jin paced back and forth as he stayed inside the staff's comfort room. He is unsure how to face Jungkook. He is excited but nervous. This is the first time that they had to face each other again after that night and everything that happened between them.

"What should I say anyway?" Jin said with a sigh. "Why should I say anything anyway?" He said to himself. He washed his face then prepared himself to face Jungkook again and the staff of the emergency room.

Flashback few minutes ago...

"Jin, are you okay?" Sangyeob asked Jin as soon as the latter held his arm tight. He looked at him and he saw Jin so pale.

"Y-yeah." Jin said looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook came in the room with a smile on his face. The chairman signalled him to go to the platform.

"People are excited to meet you, Mr. Jeon. Please say something about yourself and your future plans." The chairman said before giving the microphone to Jungkook.

"Hello, everyone." Jungkook started with a smile, focusing at the doctors around.

Jin kept his head low trying to hide his face from Jungkook but will check on Jungkook every now and then.

"Let me reintroduce myself. My name is Jeon Jungkook. You can call me Dr. Jeon, Jungkook or Kook. I think chairman Han exaggerated my profile and a lot of you are thinking that I might be a super doctor." Jungkook said with a chuckle. "I have started my practice in Singapore 4 years ago but due to an unexpected medical condition, I was sent to the US for a surgery. Because of my prolonged stayed in the US, I have decided to continue my practice there and enrolled also for my specialization at the same time.

It must have been something innate in me because it was quick for me to complete my practice and specialization.

Trauma surgery was my choice because of my medical condition. I had an accident near this hospital 4 years ago and I realized that if the doctor who looked at me during that accident realized the trauma I got, it would have been an easier life for me. That is why I wanted to be a really good doctor in my field to make sure that I can help people who had the same trauma as me, enabling them to work better and avoid dangerous medical surgeries in the future. I think that made me practice more and learn the ins and outs of the department.

It's an honor to be part of your team and learn more in this hospital. I heard a lot of good things about the Trauma Department of Seoul Main Hospital and I know how important the department is for a city like Seoul. Me, together with Yugyeom..." Jungkook said pointing at a man seated beside the Jeons, which Jin just noticed, too. "Will formally be part of your company and department starting today. Yugyeom, my personal nurse also, will be assisting me in all surgeries that I will be doing in this hospital. We hope to have a good working relationship with all of you." Jungkook said then bowed.

Everyone clapped except for Jin.

"He even has his personal nurse. Wow!" Sangyeob whispered to Jin.

Jin just looked at him and realized that this is not the Jungkook he knows.

"Excuse me, I'll just visit the comfort room." Jin said and immediately left, walking towards the exit, to avoid Jungkook.

End of flashback

Jin went out of the comfort room, feeling frustrated and unsure of how to act. He is disappointed with himself as he should be confident with himself but unfortunately, he is currently not.