Chapter 11

The next morning, I heard a knock on the door at seven-fifty in the morning. I was already running late, so I shouted for Shinsou to answer it. 

"You motherfuckers," I heard him say from the front door. 

"Who is it?" I yelled from the upstairs bathroom, trying to get my hair to lay right. It was a never-ending battle with my curls. 

"Come see for yourself!" 

I scowled at my reflection one last time, finally resigning myself to my messy-haired fate. "We're gonna be late if we don't-" My complaint died in my throat. 

Uraraka and Todoroki stood in my entryway, the brunette brightly smiling with a happy wave of her hand. "Ta-da!" 

"Why do you guys keep doing this?" I asked in exasperation, pulling her into a tight hug anyway. 

Todoroki was the one to answer, his face and voice void of emotion. "Do you know how awful that place is without either of you? Someone in my AP Calculus class tried to talk to me. They talked to me, Midoriya." 

I snorted, because of course that was the whole reason he was here. His favorite part of being friends with Shinsou and me was the fact we scared off everyone else in that school. The student body got ballsy after we left, apparently. "You poor thing." 

"We kind of did a thing..." Uraraka said, letting go of me finally and taking a step back with a sheepish smile. 

I eyed her wearily, because Uraraka doing a 'thing', never ended well. "What was it this time?" 

"We transferred here." 

"You... did what?" Disbelief couldn't cover what I was feeling at that moment. There wasn't any way I had heard her right. 

"Todoroki's dad thinks he's going to some high-end private school, but Todo bribed his assistant to enroll him here," Uraraka explained, giddy about the evil plan she had no doubt thought of. "I told my parents I found a really great job opportunity for high schoolers saving for college, made a fake website and everything. It's actually pretty cool." 

"What're you going to do when they realize you're not actually making any money?" I asked skeptically. I was over the moon at the idea of my whole friend group being back together, but I wasn't going to celebrate yet.

"Daddy's money over here," she said, throwing an arm over Todoroki's shoulders. It was a little awkward because of how much shorter she was, but she managed it. "Is going to give me the money his dad thinks is going to tuition." 

I blinked, my mind needing a second to catch up. "Ura, that's... brilliant, actually." 

"I know!" she cheered, throwing her hands up in victory. "I get to graduate with all my best friends, my girlfriend, and get money for college." 

I looked back over at Todoroki, whose eyes had widened slightly. He looked a little terrified. "I cannot go back there, Midoriya." 

"You're okay now," I said, playing into it. "You're with your people again, it's gonna be okay." I patted his arm for an added effect. 

He let out a breath with a slight nod of his head. Oh my fucking god, he's serious. 

"Where're you guys gonna stay?" Shinsou asked from beside me. 

"My dad got me a place, fully staffed." 

"Will they rat you guys out?" I questioned, wanting to make sure we had all our bases covered. 

Todoroki glanced over at Uraraka, who was still smiling broadly. "They already love her and I tip generously." 

I shook my head at them, a soft laugh escaping me. "You guys are evil masterminds."