Chapter 1

Harry Potter made a slow walk to his small apartment door, when the knocking wouldn't stop. Harry assumed it was his Aunt checking in, seeing how he didn't take her weekly call. Harry didn't bother looking at who was standing there just walked away for the open door and walked into his kitchen. The front door shut as the footsteps slowly followed the young man. Harry was see pouring some Muggle liquor into a shot glass. "You don't have to come check on me. I'll call you whenever I fell up to talking." Harry said. "I...got your address form your aunt, Harry." Narcissa Malfoy said, stoping Harry form taking the drink. "Why...are you here?" Harry asked. "Because I know what happened before the war, Harry. He never told me exactly where he was, but kept the contact. She told me, you've been looking for him." She said. "Hasn't done me any good." Harry said. "You haven't looked far enough. He's in America, but...he hasn't used magic since the war, I can no longer track him. I understand...you've got into places, you really shouldn't have, looking for him?" She asked. "Yeah...and no, I never thought to look that far. I'm... assuming, you are waiting to come with me?" He asked. "Yes. You don't have to worry about-" She started. "I assumed, or you wouldn't be alone. Let...me get showered." Harry said.

-

Nearly two weeks it took, before Harry pulled into the driveway of a house in the country side. The hour still dark. Harry rolled down his widow as the man walked over to the down window of Harry's car. "You sure this is the right place?" Harry asked. "Yes. Wait till half after six. Breakfast will be cooking and he'll be the one downstair." He said. "Who else is there?" Harry asked. "Small girl, about four. She's spotted me a time or two. Haven't a clue on how I didn't hear her." He said. "But he hasn't?" Narcissa asked, sitting in the passenger sit. "No, but he believed her. Law shown each time. Never found me." He said. "Thank you." Harry said. "Yeah." He said, and disappeared. "You never thought to say he had a kid?" Harry asked. "Because it's not often he even talks to me. I had to put what pieces together, what Lucius finally told me about what happened that day. She'd be yours." She said. "Do I even want to know, what he done? The only reason I haven't went after him, is because you still care about him." Harry said. "I...know it's difficult to understand." She said. "I do understand, but I'm not going to like it." Harry said, relaxing into the sit. It was a good couple hours before the time they should knock on the door.

Harry woke up to the car door opening, the back car door opening. He watch said a little before six. Harry turned, sitting the small girl sitting in the back sit. She was still in her jammies and pulled the door shot. "Er...hi." Harry said. "You sent that man here, didn't you?" She asked. "He is a private investigator. He was looking for Draco." Harry said. "Why did you want to find, Daddy?" She asked. "People leave us alone for a reason." She added. "I knew your daddy. We went to school together." Harry said. "You have to stay, I don't understand why yet." She said. "I have to talk to your daddy... before I can say if I can stay or not." Harry said. "I...need you to stay." She whispered.
Harry slowly got out the car, and opened the back door. He picked her up and she relaxed against him. Narcissa was still sleeping in the passenger seat. Harry slowly walked to the door. "It's open." The girl said and Harry walked into the house.  Harry could hear the footsteps upstairs. "Daddy!" She called for, getting the attention of the young man upstairs, who had been looking for his daughter. She wasn't in her room and her dress for today still laid in the chair. Harry was standing in the kitchen, starting the coffee. "Nass, you can't keep going outside before I'm even awake." Draco said, still not in the kitchen, on the bottom step. "It was important." She said, as Draco finally turned into the kitchen. Draco didn't say anything. Harry just eased the girl down. "Why don't you go get ready for your day?" Harry said. The girl disappeared up the stair and Harry poured himself a cup of coffee. "Your mum found me, at my apartment. Never thought to look in America, however. She's asleep in the car." Harry said. "I...thought, after the war, you'd move on." Draco finally said. "You knew I wouldn't. You just let whatever your father said, kept in your head. She's mine, isn't she?" Harry asked. "Yeah... She'll...get sick if you go to far. Something I don't understand. It's...not so bad with me anymore. She can't be gone more then school, though. The bus drops her off at the store I work at." Draco said. "Wasn't going to leave, unless you told me to." Harry said. "it's...just her, isn't it?" He asked. "Yeah. She calls him at night though." Harry said. "I...work, but...we can talk this evening...I can tell Nass needs to say here, though. She's on the steps." Draco said. "That's fine. You should go talk to your mum, she's not going anywhere, either." Harry said.

Harry took his coffee, and their daughter, to her room. She walked over to her dress. "You like purple, I see." Harry said, taking a drink of coffee and study the bedroom of the young girl. "Yes, I like Purple. You have to stay." She said. "I am. Nothing you have to worry about, alright?" Harry said, watching her go into the bathroom. Harry stood finishing his cup of coffee, his mind racing.