Fuck Them Kids

“Samira, come with me for a walk, princess.”

“Ughh” I heard her groan but she still came downstairs.

“Were you busy? I'm sorry”

“I'm not but I don't really want to go.”

“Why? I haven't seen you in a few days, bambina. I miss you. I want to spend some time with you” She rolled her eyes and put her shoes on.

We walked in the most awkward silence.

“What's with your attitude?”

“You always make me do things I don't want to do.”

“If you want to go home. You can go. I'm not going to force you”

“Okay” She actually turned around and walked back to the house.

I got in the car deciding to go pick Amina up. I drove to the firm and called her.

“Hello”

“Hey Babe, I'm here”

“I'm going to be here a little later than expected-”

“Okay nevermind.” At this point I was ready to go home And give up. Everyone around me was so busy. It made me want to return to my base where i was always busy as well.

“Just park in the spot next to mine and come up unless you're busy”

“No, I'm not busy. Do you want me to grab you something to eat, are you hungry?”

“No. Just come up.”

“Okay” I parked beside her Rolls Royce and made my way upstairs to her office.

“Hey handsome.” She smiled, kissing my cheek. But I couldn't Bring myself to smile. I've haven't had my feeling hurt like this since João told me he hated me years ago.

“What's wrong, baby. Did something happen?” I shook my head not wanting to tell my wife that our thirteen year old wants nothing to do with me.

“You know I know when you're lying right?”

“Come, talk to me” She tried to pull me into her lap but failed miserably.

“Sit here” she tapped her thighs and I shook my head.

“I'm going to crush you”

“You won't. Sit, tell me what's wrong.”

“This is so embarrassing. Do you have cameras in here?”

“Stop acting like you've never sat in my lap.” I sat in her lap and she wrapped her arms around me.

“you make me feel like a little bitch.”

“A man can't be comforted by their woman?”

“He can but it's just. . .”

“There's no one here. It bothers me when you feel like you can't be vulnerable around me. You can talk to me, Jamie. I'm your wife.”

“I know.”

“So what's wrong?”

“The kids”

“What about them”

“João acts like I don't exist, Samira wants nothing to do with me and Amir is never home anymore. He's always with his friends.”

“Why do you think Samira wants nothing to do with you? That girl is your partner in crime.”

“Yeah but lately she avoids me. I wanted to go on a walk with her and she just. . .nevermind.”