Pool Party

João-15
Samira-12

"Did you hear what I said, Samira?" Jamie asked his daughter who was sitting on the side of the pool sipping her lemonade.

"Yeah, I heard you daddy"

"João" Jamie then called for his son who was sharing a lounge chair with his cousin.

"Yeah"

"Watch your sister"  Samira's friend laughed at her and she stood up to talk to her brother and father.

"He doesn't need to watch me."

"Come here, smiley" João tapped his lap jokingly.

"Stop calling me that"

"I'm going to pick up Mommy. I'll be back. Please be safe."

"It's just water, Papa. You act like it will eat us"

"Well your mother will not be happy if either of you leave with a bruise, blemish, cut or anything else. Alessio, that goes for you too."

"I know, Zio"

"Good. Have fun. And what's wrong with the swimsuit I got you?" He asked seeing Samira in the swimsuit that Amina got her.

"Daddy, you got me a wetsuit."

"Same thing." Samira hugged Jamie followed by João and Alessio. He kissed all their heads before leaving to pick up his wife, she had the birthday girl's gift.

"Please don't embarrass me, João"

"If I do?"

"I'll tell mommy. Please don't. Alessio, you too"

"I won't. I'll make sure he doesn't either." Alessio smiled knowing how João could be sometimes.

"Thank you"

"Don't go in the deep end, bubba"

"I know. I won't."

"I'm serious, if i see you in the deep end you're getting out and I'm going to tell mama and daddy."

"I said I won't"

"Okay. Have fun, I love you."

"I love you too." Samira skipped off back to her friend.

"Who's that? He's cute" her friend, Zenai, asked.

"My brother."

"Does he have a girlfriend?"

"No"

"Can you give him my number?"

"No. He's three years older than us."

"So, come on don't be a cockblocker"

"I said no. Don't you have a boyfriend."

"Get out of my business. Damn." The girl got up and went into the house, leaving Samira by herself.

"Yoo, what's your name?" A boy that went to their school asked sitting next to her.

"I have a boyfriend"

"No you dont. I just want to know your name."

"Samira"

"What are you?"

"What am I?"

"Yeah, you spanish or something? Black and white? Somebody said yo daddy white." Samira cringed at his poor grammar. If Amina heard her speaking like that she would be told off.

"Does it matter?"

"Yeah, ion really like black girls"

"Then why are you talking to me?" Samira smiled, sipping her drink.