Jamina [5]

I shook my head when I heard Jamie pull up in his loud ass sportscar. He always had to be hella dramatic and make a scene. He got out with a bouquet of flowers, the girls around me started talking and giggling.

“Hey baby” He smiled, a light blush spread across his cheeks as he handed me the flowers.

“Thank you, my love. What are these for?”

“Just because.”

“What did you do?”

“Nothing. I can't pick my woman up after a long day of school?”

“You can”

“Okay then” 

“You just told me you weren't coming”

“Yeah and you believed me. You know I always pick you up” He held his hand out for me and I took it walking over to his red Ferrari.

“Ai, don't touch” He pushed my hand away, opening the door for me. I would say thank you but I know it was more so because he didn't want me to get my ‘oily’ fingers on his matte wrap than him being a gentleman.

“So, are you busy?”

“No baby, you have plans?”

“Yes. Can you come with me?”

“Where? Go with you where?”

“I have to drop something off.”

“No. I'll wait at home for you”

“Please, I'll make you dinner, and we can watch scandal or house or something.” He gave me his little look and I rolled my eyes knowing I couldn't say no.

“I want Salmon Piccata with spinach and mash.”

“I've never made it with Salmon.”

“I'll take chicken I guess but with tiramisu for dessert.”

“I'll try with the fish.” One thing I appreciated about Jamie was that he didn't sit at home all day and do nothing. He cooked, kept our apartment clean and helped me with my assignments.

“How was school?” He asked out of nowhere after a few minutes of silence.

“It was okay, I didn't have time to eat today so I was in a pretty shit mood until you came” I squeezed his cheeks together with my hand. 

“Stop babe” I let him go and crossed my arms.

“You're acting like a brat” He told me as we pulled up to some sketchy looking apartment complex.

“I'm not getting out.”

“You don't have to” He opened his door and I grabbed the back of his sweatshirt.

“What's wrong?”

“Be careful please”

“I will babe, it's just light stuff” He pecked my lips and got out.

I watched as he dapped a few dudes up and began talking to them. He just couldn't seem to escape the hood. His mother didn't condone what he did and once he dropped out of school she kicked him out. I was positive that once his dad got back to Washington it was only a matter of time until he got his life back on track.

He got back in the car a few minutes later.

I kept my head down when someone walked over to the car. I shot Jamie a look when I heard the back door open.

“Relax, look who it is” I turned around and smiled when I saw Brandon.

“Amina, how's it going. I can't believe yall still going”