Stomach Pains [2]

"Mommy. We're back" João walked over to his mother and little brother. Only to find that they were sleeping. As usual.

"Mama." He tapped her.

"Let them sleep." London put their breakfast away. Amina was craving a mcgriddle so they got her McDonalds and everyone else got breakfast from a local diner.

"Wait. Auntie, Look. Look!!"

"What's wrong babe?" London was trying to see what João was seeing. She didn't see anything.

"Right there. She's bleeding. You have to move Amir" London picked Amir up and Amina groaned, opening her eyes as she wrapped her arms around her stomach. She put her arm over eyes but London could tell she was close to tears.

"Babe, you're not okay."

"I'm gonna call daddy"

"João."

"Yes. Do you need something, mama?"

"No, just don't call your father. I'm okay" Amina tried to sit up but got winded pretty quickly and laid back down.

"Joey, Joey. I'm scared" Amir clung to João seeing all the blood on Amina.

"It's okay, bubba."

"Go set him a bath please, João." London asked to distract the kids from Amina who was clearly not okay.

"Come on, Amir."

"I'm bleeding!!" The six year old began to panic seeing his pajama bottoms covered in dark red blood.

Amina stood up to see and make sure he was okay but she took about two steps and collapsed. João rushed to grab her phone and call his dad.

"Babe, ill call you back. It's Samira's floor routine-"

"Daddy!" João was in tears and scared out of his mind. What was he going to do without his mother?

"João? What's wrong Mimmo?"

"Mommy's dead!!"

"She's not dead, João" London sighed, taking the phone.

"I'm about to take her to the hospital. She's probably passed out from blood loss. I'm sure she's okay. Hold on Jamie" London was on the phone with first responders herself and they had asked for her address.

"Daddy. Please come home. I'm scared. You told me to look after mommy and Amir and now she's dead and he's scared too. Please don't be mad at me I tried my best. I made her tea, put the warm pad, I even cleaned up her throw up and it smelled so bad." João cried, afraid that his dad would be disappointed.

"You've done a good job João. Im proud of you, Mimmo"

"Really?"

"Yes, i'm going to call Nonno and he'll come over to watch you and Amir until I get back, okay."

"Okay."

"I know you're afraid but it'll be okay. Stay strong for mommy and I, yes?"

"Uh huh" João sniffled.

"I love you, Mimmo. I'll see you in a few hours, okay?"

"Okay. I love you too"

"Don't cry, baby. It's okay."

"She didn't wake up yet"

"She will wake up soon. It's okay João. João. Listen to me" the crowd erupted in cheers when Samira perfectly executed her floor routine.

"I can't hear you!"

"João, it will be okay. Nonno will be there soon."

"Okay" he hung up watching his mother on the floor.