Firsts

Samira sat in the bathroom stall staring at the mess in her panties. She was freaking out. After a few minutes of panicking she stuffed her panties with tissue and pulled up her underwear, tights and skirt.

She shuffled to the main office with tears in her eyes.

"Ms. Suriyah"

"Yes my love?" The school secretary smiled beckoning her over.

"Can you please call João, it's an emergency."

"Yes I can. Is everything okay?" She asked dialing the high school main office.

"I don't know"

"Should I call mommy or daddy?"

"No, it's okay"

" Are you sure?"  Samira nodded, taking off her blazer and tying it around her waist.

"Hi, this is Ms. Suriyah down from the middle school, I need João Giordano-Simiyu please."

"Yes, Thank you. He's coming sweetheart."

"Thank you" Samira waited for her brother who came about five minutes later.

"Hey Smiley, are you okay?" She shook her head.

"What's wrong?"

"I'll show you. Ms.S?"

"Yes baby?"

"Can we use the gender neutral bathroom?"

"Yes, it's not locked" She found it strange but knew they were siblings so she didn't care.

"Come" Once in the bathroom Samira locked the door and pulled her skirt down. The bunch of now bloody tissue fell to the floor.

"I think I'm sick or hurt"

"Does your stomach hurt?"

"A little but not bad"

"You're okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. You just have your period. Did mama make you a care bag?"

"What's that?"

"With pads and panties, Tylenol. . . All that stuff?"

"Yes but I left it at home."

"Okay hold on. Did you mess up your clothes?"

"I don't know"

"Turn around" Low and behold the back of her grey skirt had blood on it.

"Let me go ask Ryliah. I'll get you a change of clothes okay?"

"Okay. Thanks Joey. I'm sorry I interrupted your class."

"It's okay, don't be sorry. I'll be right back." He left the bathroom sending his girlfriend a text asking for her 'girl bag'. By the time he got to her classroom she was standing outside.

"Here. There's brand new underwear in there. Wipes, feminine products, she can use whatever she needs. Oh and tell her to take some of the bars in there. Dark chocolate is nasty but it helps and give her these." She handed her a small personal bag and her gym sweats.

"Thank you babe. I appreciate it" He quickly pressed his lips to hers knowing PDA was against the rules at school.

"Giordano, get to class"

"Sorry, Ms.Harper I'm going."

"Anything for my favorite little sister" Ryliah smiled, hugging her boyfriend before going back into her classroom. João rushed back to the bathroom where Samira was standing there awkwardly.