Chapter 23

I got distracted while I was skating and fell because of a group of kids standing there.

I didn't have enough time to move before my board bumped into one of them.

I tried to get up but the kid grabbed me by my shirt and screamed "watch where you're going next time asshole!"

I was about to yell back but I felt a hand on my shoulder, I shivered a little. Then I heard a familiar voice, "He didn't mean too."

I looked up and It was Etho, I wanted to be mad at him but I was grateful that he came.

"Doesn't matter if he didn't mean to! This fucking idiot-" the kid continued yelling, causing a scene.

Etho's grip on my shoulder tightened and he glared down at the kid. "Quit yelling."

The kid went quiet and scrambled to his feet, him and his friends ran away from me and Etho.

I went to get up but Etho who still had his hand on my shoulder pushed me back onto my knees.

"Let me-" I started, before Etho cut me off. "What was that?" He was now glaring down at me.

"Nothing, I just fell." I tried to get up again but Etho pushed me down again this time he did it harder.

"No, not that. Why did you skate away in the first place?" I could tell Etho was trying to be gentle but he was failing.

I glanced down at the ground, I couldn't tell him I was jealous that Etho was with bdubs? "No reason..just, changed my mind."

Etho sighed and helped me up from off the ground, "Joel, was it about Bdubs?"

My face heated up, "no! Ew..I don't care if you wanna be with him. It's none of my business."

Etho pulled me into a hug, "I don't want to be with Bdubs, I want to be with you."

I didn't hug back for a moment, but then I wrapped my arms around Etho. "You're such a nerd"

Me and Etho ended up walking to school that day, Pearl was sick so she didn't come.

And Martyn spent the day with Ren (I think their zesty besties if YK what I mean)

It felt nice to hang out with Etho again, we weren't dating again tho. I don't wanna rush anything.

Etho brought me over to the old table with him, bdubs didn't sit with them. He sat with impulse, skizz, Cleo blablablabla whateva.

I sat down kinda awkwardly, I didn't know what to say and clearly no one else did either.

Until Tango broke the silence, "Joel are you still mad at me? If you are I'm sorry-!" He spoke pretty quickly.

Taking a sip of my soda, I answered "I'm not mad at any of you"

Tango sighed and relaxed a little bit.

Grian grabbed his spork and threw it at my head, "Grian I swear to-" I stood up to throw it back at him but Etho pulled me back down.

"Aww, how sweet~ your little boo boo bear is tryna help you" Grian said, cupping his hands together and putting them to the side of his head.

My face went red, I tried to hit Grian but Etho kept me seated. "Shut up you blumming idiot!"

Jimmy cleared his throat, "I can settle this scuffle...Joel is gay, and Grian is a bully"

"I'm not gay-!" I shouted.

"Joel, are you sure about that?" Etho tilted his head.

"I'm gay" tango said, "me too!!!" Jimmy said.

They squealed, and did some weird friendship hand shake thing..??

(SOMEONE PLEASE GET THE HERMIT CRAFT X EMPIRES REF THERE.)

"God I hate them homos..." I shook my head, going back to eating my food.

Etho slapped the back of my head, "no you don't, cause you love me" I cupped my face in my hands, "shut uppp I do nottt"