Chapter 16

Time skip to the next day btw!!

Etho didn't ride the bus today, so I thought he wasn't coming to school. When I got inside, I saw him come into school with some idiot. (Idiot is bdubs)

He walked right past me, he didn't even say anything. Tango looked a little upset too, and wasn't talking to me. "What's going on?" I asked.

Jimmy crossed his arms over his chest, "what you said about Etho wasn't cool Joel" I looked at him in confusion. "I didn't say anything about Etho?"

I saw Tango's expression change a little. At first he looked kinda mad, now he looked kinda shocked.

"Bdubs said you-" Tango started, "whose bdubs?" I tilted my head a little. More confused than every "Etho's ex, their still friends tho"

"Is that the guy Etho was walking with?" Tango nodded once I finished speaking. "What did he say I said?" I was panicking a little.

I didn't want Etho to be mad at me.

"He said he overheard you saying you don't actually like Etho, and you only want his money" Tango looked relieved I didn't know bdubs, but i doubt he would take my side.

"I never said that! I-" before I could finish the bell rang and we had to go to our classes. And what sucked more is I had a test today.

I couldn't focus at all, the only thing on my mind was what was going on. Me and Etho just started dating, I don't want it to end because of some jealous loser.

(I LOVE BDUBS, NO HATE TOWARDS HIM INTENDED!!)

Before I knew it the teacher was collecting papers "Joel why didn't you do any work!" The teacher shouted, "meet me after class!"

A few kids giggled a little. Idiots.

I sunk down into my chair, waiting for everyone to leave to go to the teachers desk.

She just yelled at me and told me to go to my next class, which I ended up being late to. And I got detention.

The rest of the day up until lunch, went the same. Getting yelled at, and more time added to my detention.

While I sat down at lunch, I saw Tango and Jimmy. Thinking they would sit with me, but they didn't. Jimmy followed Tango over to where Etho was sitting.

I had no one to sit with, Grian skipped school, Tango and Jimmy are mad at me, Etho probably hates me now.

I wanted to cry, but I didn't. While I started to put my lunch away so I could go to the bathroom and sit in there to get away from the noise.

Two kids sat down with me "do you mind us sitting here?" The girl asked. I couldn't leave now, that would be rude.

"Uh no" I said, staying seated.

"I'm pearl, and this is Martyn" The girl smiled.

They seem friendly.

"I'm Joel" I couldn't help but smile, which I don't know why I did. These kids were just really nice.

"Me and Martyn's friend group kinda got in a fight so I hope you don't mind if we talk with you" Pearl said.

"Don't worry, I'm in the same boat right now." I started pulling out my lunch again.

"Oh, what happened with your group?" Martyn asked.

"Well, I'm dating someone in the group. Well I WAS, and this kid bdubs spread a lie about something I never said. And they all left to be with Etho"

"That's rough, that's kinda what's going on with our group. They think we're keeping secrets from them and won't listen to us" pearl sighed.

"Whose in your friend group?" I asked, a little curious.

"Scott, and Cleo" Martyn said.

"Ew Scott.." I muttered to myself, but pearl heard.

"I know! Scott is horrible!" Pearl was pretty loud. But cool.

I talked with Martyn and Pearl for all of Lunch then we split up. I'm pretty sure I had my first class with Pearl but I'm not sure.

The rest of the day went quick, because I skipped my classes with Etho.

While I went to the bus, I saw Martyn getting on. I smiled. "Oh Martyn! Wanna sit together?" I asked.

"Oh! Sure!" Me and Martyn sat down next to each other. We exchanged numbers, and he got off..I got off. Y'know, bus things.

When I opened my messages in my room to add Martyn's contact, I had a bunch of missed messages

Kakashi wannabe:
[12 missed calls]
[3 missed msgs]

Jimmy:
[100+ missed msgs]

Tango:
[1 missed call]

I stuck my tongue out at my phone, screw these losers. I don't wanna talk to them.

I was watching tiktok when there was a knock on my door. I got up to open the front door. I saw Tango, Jimmy, and Etho standing outside.