THE LAST OF THE TIME LORDS

One Year Later...

"Citizens rejoice. Your lord and master stand on high playing Track 3."

The doors open and the Master spins.

'I Can't Decide' by the Scissor Sisters plays and he sings along.

He struts in and slides over to the table. He sits in one of the chairs and spins as Francine, in a maid uniform, serves him tea.

He runs up onto the bridge and begins ringing an old-fashioned ship's bell. The Doctor crawls out of a tent that has straw on the floor. Beside the tent is a bowl that reads 'Dog'.

I help him into a wheelchair, silently.

The Master shoves me away, pushing the Doctor around the room in the wheelchair ending up by one of the windows, "It's ready to rise, Doctor. The new Time Lord Empire." Some Toclafane spheres float by. "It's good, isn't it? Isn't it good? Anything? No? Anything?" He waves his hand in front of the Doctor's face, "Oh, but they broke your hearts, didn't they? Those Toclafane. Ever since you worked out what they really are. They say Martha Jones... has come back home. Now why would she do that?"

"Leave her alone." I glare.

"But you said something to her, didn't you? On the day I took control." The Master kneels down, "What did you tell her?"

"I have one thing to say to you. You know what it is." The Doctor tells him.

"Oh, no you don't!" He gets up and pushes the Doctor away until he hits a wall.
"Valiant now entering Zone One airspace. Citizens rejoice."

The Master claps his hands, "Come on, people! What are we doing? Launch day in 24 hours!"

The Doctor gives the signal to Francine.

A clock on the bridge reads 14:58. The Doctor and I look over at Francine and Tish. The master walks in, "Time for my massage. Who shall I have today? Tanya. Come on, sweetheart. Abby, have you met Tanya? She's gorgeous." He takes off his jacket and throws it onto the table, "Tanya, when we get to the stars, I'm gonna take you to Katria Nova. Whirlpools of gold." He sits down.

Tanya begins to massage his shoulders.

"Condition red!"

"What the hell?" The Master goes up the stairs to the bridge.

"Repeat: condition red."

Francine grabs the Master's jacket and throws it to Tish who hands it to the Doctor. The Doctor takes out the laser screwdriver and aims it at the Master.

"Oh, I see." He puts his hands up.

"I told you. I have one thing to say." The screwdriver doesn't work and the Master laughs.

The Doctor keeps trying the screwdriver.

The Master leans over, "Isomorphic controls." He takes the screwdriver then backhands the Doctor, sending him to the floor, "Which means they only work for me. Like this." He shoots the wall beside Francine, "Say sorry!"
"Sorry. Sorry. Sorry!"

"Mum!" Tish runs to her.

"Didn't you learn anything from the blessed Saint Martha?" He picks up his jacket and puts it on, "Siding with the Doctor is a very dangerous thing to do. Take them away."
A guard forces Francine and Tish out.

"Okay. Gotcha." He lifts the Doctor into a chair, "There you go, Gramps." He sits on the edge of the table, "Oh, do you know, I remember the days when the Doctor, oh, that famous Doctor, was waging a time war. Battling Sea Devils and Axons. He sealed the rift at the Medusa Cascade single-handedly. Ooh. and look at him now. Stealing screwdrivers. How did he ever come to this? Oh yeah. Me!" He laughs.