THE UNQUIET DEAD

Mayhem is a word I would use to describe my current situation. The whole tardis is shaking and an alarm is going off.

"Where are we going?" I shout.

"You've seen the future, let's have a look at the past. 1860. How does 1860 sound?" He asks.
"What happened in 1860?" Rose asks.
"I don't know, let's find out. Hold on, here we go!" He shouts.

We land with a bang and fall to the floor laughing.

"Blimey!" Rose exclaims.

"You're telling me! Are you two alright?"

Rose nods and I answer, "I think so, nothing's broken... did we make it? Where are we?"

He gets up and looks at the screen, "I did it! Give the man a medal. Earth, Naples, December 24th, 1860."

"That's so weird... it's Christmas." Rose says, getting up from the floor.

He gestures towards the door, "All yours."

"Think about it, though. Christmas. 1860. Happens once. Just once, and it's gone. It's finished. It'll never happen again. Except for you." I stare at him, "You can go back and see days that are dead and gone and a hundred thousand sunsets ago... no wonder you never stay still..."

He pulls me up, "Not a bad life."

"Better with three." We grin at each other for a few moments. Then Rose coughs and we stop, him letting go of my hands.

"Come on then!" Rose shouts, running towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?!" He asks.

"1860!" She says.

"Go out there dressed like that, you'll start a riot, Barbarella! There's a wardrobe through there. First left, second right, third on the left, go straight ahead, under the stairs, past the bins, it's the fifth door on your left. Hurry up!" He shoos us off.

We find the wardrobe after a few twists and turns. It's enormous.

"Come on then, let's find you something that'll make the Doctor swoon." She teases, pulling me along.

"What are you implying?" I ask.

"That he fancies you." She says, ignoring my scoff, she continues, "I see how he looks at you." She makes me sit down as she looks through the racks of clothing.

"And how exactly does he look at me?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Like a schoolboy with a crush." She pulls a red dress off the rack and points at me, "Put this on."

I get up and take the dress from her, looking it over, and blushing when I realize, "This is gonna show my cleavage!" I whisper embarrassed.

She grins at me cheekily, "Only a little bit, besides, I doubt he'll look away anyhow."

I glare at her, "I hate you."
She rolls her eyes, "Sure you do, now get changed and I'll fix your makeup."

I huff at her before changing.

"Rose, I still don't think this dress is a good idea." I tell her as we walk back to the console room.

"Oh, stop it, I made sure it was one of the materials you like." She says before stopping, "Okay, you go in first, I'll join you in a minute."

She gives me a little push and I walk into the console room, staring at the ground. I hear the Doctor's sonic turn-off, "Blimey!"

"Rose made me wear it..." I brush my hair behind my ear.