DOOMSDAY

The Daleks advance upon us with cries of 'exterminate!'

"Daleks!" I shout.

The aliens fall silent, taken aback.

"You're called Daleks." I walk towards them, "I know your name." I take the lab coat off, "Think about it: how can I know that? A human... who knows about the Daleks. And the Time War. If you wanna know how, then keep us alive. That's all I'm asking. Me and my friends."

"Yeah, Dakeks. Time war. Us too." Gabby gestures between her and Mickey.

Rajesh nods as well.

The black Dalek speaks to me, "You will be necessary." it turns to one of the other Daleks, "Report: what is the status of the Genesis Ark?"
"Status: hibernation."

"Commence awakening."

"The Genesis Ark must be protected above all else."

The Dalek turns to the Genesis Ark which also emerged from the sphere. It clamps its suction arm to the side of the Ark.

Mickey continues to point his gun at them, "The Daleks, you said they were all dead."

I shake my head, "Never mind that, what the hell's a Genesis Ark?"

"Which one of you is least important?"
"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

The Dalek repeats the question.

"No, we don't work like that. None of us."
"Designate the least important!"
Rajesh steps forward, "This is my responsibility."

I try to hold him back, "No, don't!"

He ignores me and stands before the Dalek dejectedly.

"I er, I represent the Torchwood Institute. Anything you need, you... come through me. Leave these two alone."

"You will kneel."
"What?"

"Kneel."
Rajesh kneels. The surrounding Daleks direct their eye stalks onto him.