SCHOOL REUNION

I sit at a table adjacent to the teacher's desk, watching the students pile in

The Doctor walks into the classroom, announcing to the class excitedly, "Good morning, class. Are we sitting comfortably?"

His gaze meets mine and he smiles.

He scrawls the word 'physics' in capital letters on the whiteboard and underlines it, "So. Physics." He replaces the cap of the marker and chucks it back down on the desk, "Physics. Eh?" He starts to repeat the word over and over.

He points mischievously to me, winking, "I hope you're getting all of this down, Ms. Greenwood."

"You haven't said anything profound yet sir." I smile at him teasingly.

Looking back at the students, he continues, "Um, okay, let's see what you know. Two identical strips of nylon are charged with static electricity and hung from a string so they can swing freely. What would happen if they were brought near each other?"

A boy raises his hand.

"Yes, uh, what's your name?"

"Milo."

"Milo! Off you go."

"They'd repel each other because they have the same charge."
The Doctor's smile widens, "Correctamundo." When he notices me holding back a laugh he continues, winking at me, "A word I have never used before and hopefully never will again. Question two, I coil up a thin piece of microwire and place it in a glass of water. Then I turn on the electricity and measure to see if the water's temperature is affected. My question is this: how do I measure the electrical power going into the coil?"

Once more, Milo's hand shoots up, though the Doctor glances around the room curiously, "Someone else? Nope...?" When no other hands raise, he concedes, "Okay, Milo, go for it."

"Measure the current and PDs in an ammeter and voltmeter."

I gauge the Doctor's reaction, he seems intrigued.