NEW EARTH

Rose is packed up and ready to go, we are both saying goodbye to Mickey and Jackie.

"You two got everything?" Jackie asks.

We nod.

"Be careful."

We hug her.

"Okay, we're going now. Love you!"

"I love you."

"Love you, love you..."

Rose kisses Mickey goodbye, I hug him.

I run into the Tardis with Rose and we close the door behind us.

The Doctor turns and sees us, beaming at us, he pulls a lever.

We all operate the controls.

"So, where are we going?" I ask.

He grins at us, "Further than we've ever gone before."

We step out of the Tardis onto a windy stretch of grass. My mouth drops open.

He stands behind me and holds my waist, resting his head on mine, "It's the year five billion and twenty-three... we're in the galaxy M87, and this... this is New Earth."

We look out at the futuristic city, flying vehicles zooming to and fro.

"That's just... that's..." Rose bursts out laughing.

"Not bad. Not bad at all!" The Doctor nods.

"This is amazing." I grin, pulling away from him, "I don't think I'll ever get used to this. Different ground beneath my feet!" I laugh, "Different sky...! What's that smell?"

The Doctor bends down and pulls some grass up, "Apple grass."

Rose laughs, "Apple grass!"

"That's beautiful." I gaze up at him with a wide smile, "I love traveling with you."

He smiles down at me, "Me too." He grabs my hand, "Come on!"

We dash off.

We lie on the Doctor's coat, sprawled on the grass.

"So, the year five billion... the sun expands, the Earth gets roasted." He starts.

"That was our first trip." I smile.

He leans back to look at me, "We had chips!"

I giggle.

"So anyway, planet gone, all rocks and dust, but the human race lives on, spread out across the stars. Soon as the Earth burns up... oh, yeah they get all nostalgic... big revival movement... but find this place!" He sits up for a better look at the view, "Same size as the Earth... same air... same orbit... lovely! Call goes out, the humans move in!"

"What's the city called?" Rose asks.

"New New York."

"Oh, come one." Rose scoffs.

"It is! It's the City of New New York!" He pauses, thinking, "Strictly speaking, it's the fifteenth New York since the original. So that makes it New New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York."

I smile at him.

"What?" He asks.

"You're so different." Rose says.

"New New Doctor." He smiles.

Rose and I giggle.

Rose gets up, "Can we go and visit New New York... so good they named it twice?"