Chapter Forty-Nine

A/N - last chapter NO 💔💔

No TW for once wow

~~~

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Marco
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Out of the three hundred and sixty five days of the year, my birthday was one of which I despised the most.

It didn't mean anything to me, and while I knew those around me would have preferred to celebrate, gather near a cake and decorate a room with balloons, I didn't share the sentiment.

It was just another day, marking the anniversary of me being brought into the world against my own will, a constant reminder that my life had been completely and utterly different to the average person.

Aniyah wasn't beside me when I opened my eyes, instantly putting me on high alert as I sprung from the bed and went to open the door- of course she picked that moment to kick it open.

"Mierda!", I cursed as the throbbing pain erupted in my forehead, pressing a hand to the area and checking I wasn't now bleeding.

What a start to the fucking day.

"Shit, I'm so sorry!", my wife's eyes were wider than saucers, alarm written all over her face as she lowered the tray of food she was holding onto our bed and turned around to face me, "let me see your head". Moving my hand away I huffed, nothing like a concussion to get the blood pumping in the morning.

"Any reason why you're kicking down our door like you're on a SWAT team?", I narrowed my eyes at her, wincing as she pressed her fingers on my forehead gently, "was that my first present?". She laughed loudly, cupping a hand behind my head and kissing me before pulling away slowly.

"Happy birthday", she beamed from ear to ear, I reciprocated the smile and kissed her on the forehead, she moved towards the mattress and sat down gradually, "I know today isn't your thing, so I've kept it as minimal as possible".

I doubted that.

"Why am I struggling to believe you?", I tilted my head to the side, sitting beside her and placing my tray of eggs, avocado and toast on my lap.

"Just trust me", she chuckled, "your tea is waiting for you downstairs, I couldn't carry it all-,".

"Are they awake?", I referred to my brothers and she nodded, "they couldn't help you bring this up?". She was heavily pregnant for fuck's sake; if it was completely down to me she'd be in bed for the majority of the day now.

"I'm a stubborn person", she lifted a shoulder as I began to eat, "I told them not to".

"And they listened?", I raised an eyebrow, she just scoffed and nudged me slightly.

"You all listen to me", she said a matter-of-factly, "how's it taste?".

"Perfect, gracias", I smiled at her, contentment running through my veins when she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Can I ask you a question?", I hummed at her request, lowering my cutlery, "would you like for our kids to speak Spanish?". I hadn't put much thought into that, come to think of it, but it would be nice for the three of them to have another language under their belts, for them to be able to speak both English and Spanish.