Chapter Thirty-Two

A/N - okay here we go no more leaving you in suspense ❤️❤️

TW: this chapter contains mentions of self harm

~~~

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Aniyah
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧        .·:·.*═══

Beeping filled my ears before I could force my eyes to open, it felt as if weights had been placed on my eyelids, committing me to a lifetime of darkness as I fought to open them.

I registered pain in my left shoulder instantly, a wince escaping me as my eyes parted ever so slightly; the white light of what I assumed was a hospital room nearly blinding me, giving me the urge to close my eyes once again.

But I didn't, I needed to see where I was, see that everyone was okay- not that I could remember everything that had happened though.

"Aniyah?", I knew that deep-ass voice from anywhere, and it only had my head turning to the right instantly, my half blurry eyes focusing on those piercing green ones, "one of you get a nurse, ahora". I heard shuffling full the room yet I kept my eyes trained on Marco, scanning him repeatedly as I took in the various injuries he had.

Memories came flooding back as I looked at the dark bruising on Marco's cheek, the recollection of Ivan punching him multiple times sinking in. The plaster cast on his left wrist, the sound of it being crushed and the bones cracking making my eyes fill with tears; he looked more vulnerable than I'd ever seen him- but I was seeing him.

He was here, I was here, regardless of whether we were okay or not, and that was all I could have asked for.

I was analysed from what felt like head to toe by a nurse when Emiliano returned to the room with her; and while I was still in immense pain, couldn't move my left arm and just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry, I was glad to hear that my vitals were okay, that I was on a slow and steady road to recovery.

"We're so glad you're okay Niyah", Milo was the first to speak once the nurse had left, advising me to get some rest for the next few hours, "when we first saw you we...we're just glad you're okay" .

"I am", I nodded, feeling Marco's eyes burning into my temple and being able to see through my lies, "how long have I been?...".

"Uh, you had emergency surgery as soon as Marco brought you in yesterday", Eli filled me in, my gaze snapping towards my husband and flickering between his intense eyes and his broken wrist.

"You brought me in here? What about your arm?", I tried to sit up a little straighter but winced, giving up on that idea completely.

"What about it?", Marco narrowed his eyes, "your life means more to me than an arm". I was about to cry at his words alone- add that to the pain in my shoulder and the overwhelming nature of the situation, and there were tears rolling down my cheeks within ten seconds.

"Sorry, I'm sorry", I used my right hand to wipe my face, trying to give the four of them a weak smile and probably looking more deranged than anything else, "I don't even remember half of what happened- he drugged me in the kitchen, then I remember being tied up and Marco coming".