Chapter Thirty-Eight

A/N - look who's back ❤️❤️

(Almost) completely lighthearted chapter 🫶🏾 can't believe we're 38 chapters in...

~~~

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧        ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Aniyah
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧        .·:·.*═══

I was used to having money, things handed to me when I asked for them, but I wasn't used to having someone care about me the way that Marco cared about me.

He was probably the most attentive person I knew, always paying attention to the finest of details about someone, remembering things about them that would be deemed useless by anyone else. And while he wasn't the most physically affectionate, sometimes shut people away instead of outwardly expressing his emotions, I loved him for the way he showed his love for me.

Even if it was nothing short of extravagant sometimes.

"Did you shut the whole place down for your benefit or mine?", I teased, peering around the beautifully modern looking restaurant that Marco had paid to only have open to the two of us. The interior of the building consisted of a lot of white, marble, and four sets of cutlery on the table that I had no clue what to do with.

And as if taking me out for a romantic meal hadn't already made me want to cry, there were people playing the violins in the corner of the room; the live music tying this whole experience together.

"I don't like people", my husband replied, face completely void of any sign he was joking, I knew he wasn't regardless.

Marco looked better than ever today, a three-piece suit hugging his body perfectly as well as his green tie matching my dress to a T; this felt extremely similar to the outfits we'd worn on our wedding day. His hair was styled and gelled to perfection, those silver studs in his ears and his fingers covered in rings, pair that with the ink spilling from underneath his clothes and I was struggling to breathe everytime I looked at him.

"You like some people", I reminded him, receiving a low hum in reply, "you didn't have to do all of this today".

"Who said that this was it?", he tilted his head to the side slightly, the lack of emotion on his face making it hard to decipher anything whatsoever.

"You've brought me a car, done this-", I waved a hand around the fancy restaurant, "and there's more?".

"You're my wife", he said as if that was the perfect answer, "I'd give you anything, do anything you asked for".

"You're gonna make me cry", I glanced upwards, not wanting to ruin my makeup, "it's the pregnancy hormones, I promise".

"Hmm", Marco stood, rounding the table and cupping the hand that wasn't in a splint under my chin gently, "no tears, hm? It's your birthday- and we haven't made it to the main course". He pressed a kiss to my forehead and I nodded with a chuckle, composing myself as he returned back to his seat.

"I love you", I made sure he knew it, I'd never stop telling him that for as long as I lived.

"I love you", he replied, his lips lifting into a small smile- best birthday ever.