The cop and the singer- part 2

Part two to the cop and singer!! So sorry for the long waiting was caught up with some bullshit lately 🫠
————————————————
Ian decided eventually to follow Hen's plan, which was pretty dumb of him, but he followed it anyway.

He started singing more calm songs that Hen claimed to be Mickey's favourites, like "Love is a Battlefield" and "Rain on Me," which he sang with Rylie and that were so adorable that Mickey grinned like an idiot all through his shift.
But it wasn't enough; Mickey still wouldn't make the first move.

So Hen decided to bring on the big guns...

As she walked inside the station on Monday morning, she made her way past all the offices, greeting them all before making her way to Mickey's desk. I saw him working on his computer.
"Tonight, Sean's bar, 7 p.m., don't be late," she called, putting her hand aggressively over his table and leaving him behind, only managing to call OK behind her.

Around seven p.m., Mickey pulled into the parking lot of the bar and was greeted by the sign at the entrance.

 He shook his head slightly and chuckled to himself before walking inside, seeing some of his colleagues already inside

He shook his head slightly and chuckled to himself before walking inside, seeing some of his colleagues already inside. He greeted some of them before spotting Hen in the back with a certain EMT guy. That was laughing so much that the crinkles in his face showed up with his eyes lighting up as they connected with Mickey's. He blushed softly and looked down, trying to get his blush to fade away.
Mickey chuckled softly, seeing him red as a tomato, before walking towards Hen and embracing her in a hug.
"I'm so glad you could make it," she smiled.
"Well, you kind of commanded me here, sarge."
"Well, you followed the order, didn't you?" She smiled at him, and he nodded.
"And you must remember Ian from the EMT team."
"Rings a bell," he said, nodding towards Ian, who shook his head.
"Why won't you two choose a song? And I'd be right back." She motioned them to the computer, where they saw their names paired up.
Mickey turned towards her, giving her a death stare before she walked away laughing as he moaned back, 'I hate you' and she stuck her tongue out at him.

"I guess we have to choose a song."
"Guess so," Mickey shrugged, not wanting to show off his overexcitedness.
"Let me guess," Ian said after they scrolled through a few songs that Mickey all rolled his eyes at. Like Harry styles 'kiwi' and 'billionaire' by Travis McCoy and Bruno Mars. Which was deeply ridiculous, according to Ian.
"How about 'love is a battlefield?' I heard it's one of your favourites," Ian asked, smirking at Mickey shyly.
"Just shut up and put the damn song on," he said.

Later that night, when most of them were pretty much wasted, Hen pulled both of the men onto the stage.
"Fellow people, please welcome our next singers, Ian Gallagher and Mickey Milkovich, singing 'love is a battlefield." She smiled at everyone who applauded before disappearing off the stage to the audience.

For being too drunk, their singing was quite off to much of Ian's liking. But they didn't really care because the second Ian opened his mouth, Mickey knew it wasn't going to be the last time he wanted to hear him sing.

A few years down the line, after Ian and Mickey got married and Rylie had some trouble falling asleep at night, Ian sang her softly, getting her and Mickey to fall asleep cuddling close, and Mickey knew deep inside him that he had made a good choice in a man and he should really thank Hen.