How not to be a father by Frank Gallagher

Intro: We all know that Frank Gallagher was never the greatest dad in the world. The tones of Booz he had drunk around the years will claim that statement. But hiding the twin of his child was unforgivable.
------------------------------------------
Sunday morning—ugh, what a sweet day for Mickey! He finally had the day off work. It's not that he didn't like his job; it was just the reliving of staying at home and waking up later that was his favorite activity. Except for sex with his husband, but that was something else. He woke up around 10 a.m. and, after a quick shower, headed back to the room to get his clothes. Which was one of Ian's hoodies that was a little bit big on him, and whatever pair of sweatpants were clean enough to be worn. He walked down the stairs to grab a beer but stopped when he saw they were running out. As he was about to close the fridge, he saw a note with his name on it.

Hey Mick I should be home late tonight, and we need to get groceries and beer, so I thought maybe you could take care of that, and I would make dinner tonight.
Love Ian

Well, going to get groceries wasn't that bad of a thing to ruin his mood, right? Oh well, it's not like Ian left him any kind of choice here. And he said he would cook dinner tonight, and why should Mickey say no to that? He took the list that was waiting for him behind the little note, took his key and wallet, and headed toward the store. Walking down the street, he arrived at the store in no time. Looking down at the list as he stands next to the can aisle, he doesn't notice that there is someone on his way, knocking him down to the floor. "Watch where you are going, Dickhead," he called, standing up from the ground and then looking up at the person in confusion. "I thought you were at work," he said. "Do I know you?" Ian asked. "Okay, asshole, aren't you late for work or something?" Mickey asked his husband. "I just came to the store to get groceries, just like you," the guy called.
"You sent me to get groceries and said you were working late, Ian."
"I'm not Ian if that's what your problem is." Mickey laughed.
"Okay, then who are you?"
"Cameron Monaghan, now leave me alone. I need to get shit done," he said, walking past Mickey towards the other aisle.
"The fuck is wrong with him," Mickey called. He then took the can of tomato sauce and put it in his shopping cart. Finishing off his list was a quick task. Trying to undo what was wrong with Ian this time was another Maybe his medications got messed up again? Maybe he is in another episode that hurts his head so much that he doesn't remember Mickey. He arrived shortly after home, putting all the groceries aside before checking Ian's pills. "All looks good," he murmured, so what was wrong with him? His phone suddenly rang, cutting off his thoughts. Ian.
"Hey, babe, how's it going?" Ian asked
"Did you just get to work?" Mickey called.
"No, why?" Ian was confused by the question.
"So you have no idea about early Iwerks?" he asked.
"No?"
"So you didn't see me at the store and claimed to be a guy named Cam or something?"
"Cam? Mick, what are you talking about?"
"Nothing; I have something to take care of. Talk to you later," Mickey replied, taking his keys back again in his hand and heading towards the door once again.
"Mick, what are you?" Ian started but got cut off by Mickey hanging up the call on him. Before he left, he took one more look at the groceries lying around the kitchen and decided to put them back in place before leaving. He headed towards the door and made his way to the park that was next to his house, knowing he could find Lip in there with his son.
"Mick, hey," Lip called, waving to his brother-in-law. Mickey smiled back and headed towards him, seeing Freddy on the swings with his mother behind him, pushing him up and down.
"Hey, I need your help."
"If you need to bury a body, call your family for that; I'm sure there is a Milkovich one that is still in town."
Lip called. "No, not that. Ian. Do you know if amnesia is common with bipolar?" he asked.
"Not that I know of. Why? Is he manic again?" Lip asked, confused.
"No, thanks," he said, getting up and leaving.
"Mickey, wait!" Lip called behind, but he was long gone.
He walked towards the store again and walked inside, searching for Ian again. "Searching for something?" The cashier asked.
"Yeah, actually, a redhead guy with freckles was here, and he bumped into me, and I think he stole my wallet."
"Oh, you mean Cameron? Yeah, he took off. Probably with that chick down the aisle," he called. Mickey nodded and exited the store. Turning down the aisle, he saw his worst nightmare. That Cameron guy is making out with a girl against the wall. "The fuck," he murmured under his breath. He took out his phone, took a picture, and sent it to Ian.
With the caption, you have an hour to explain; if not, I'm out of the house.
His phone rang. Ian. "Well, that was quick," he thought to himself, walking aside as FaceTime lit up. "Explain," he said.
"Mickey, I'm at work; look, it's not me," Ian said, showing him around the station. Mickey peeked his head from behind the wall, seeing the guy still making out with the girl. "If it's not you, who the fuck is that?"
"Mick, I don't know, but I have to go back to work before Sue kills me on the spot. Leave this guy alone and go back home," Ian called.
"Okay, okay, I'm going bye," he hung up the call and walked away.

Later that night, when Ian arrived home, he didn't see Mickey on the couch, as he was usually waiting for his arrival. Maybe he went to bed earlier, he thought to himself.
"Babe, I'm home," he called through the house. Getting up the stairs to their bedroom and not seeing any sight of Mickey was more confusing than the messages earlier. Who was that guy that Mickey was so confused about that needed an explanation? And why was he so similar-looking to Ian?
Walking inside the bathroom and then every other room in the house and not seeing Mickey was enough to scare him.
Why was Mickey out so late at night?
He pulled out his phone and called him. One ring, two rings, nothing.
"Hey, it's Mickey; leave a message or something," his voicemail said.
Weird. Maybe he is with Mnady or something. He called her, and thankfully, she answered almost immediately.
"Hey Ian, what up?" she spoke.
"Hey, do you know where Mick is? He doesn't answer his phone, and I'm scared he is doing something he shouldn't do," he pointed out.
"Well, knowing Mickey, he is probably doing something illegal. Just wait; he'll probably be home soon," she explained.
"Okay, man, keep you posted, thanks," Ian replied, hanging up the phone. Well, before he met Mickey, he was most likely to stay up late to get his arrest done because, not being a morning person, he did his work during the night.

Sighing, he made his way towards the bathroom to take his shower as the door to their house opened, with Mickey stumbling inside with a bloody nose.
"Shit, Mickey, what happened?" He called, walking towards his husband, who took off his coat.
"Your twin is not a nice person."
"My what?! Mickey, what are you talking about?" Ian asked, confused, helping Mickey to the kitchen to clean off his bloody nose and knuckles.
"The guy I talked to you about earlier, that I saw in the store, is your twin brother; apparently, Frank decided to sell because two redheads were more than enough." His jaw widened.
A twin?
That Frank sold?
Well, Frank Gallagher was never the greatest dad in the world. The tones of Booz he had drunk around the years will claim that statement. But hiding the twin of his child was unforgivable.
"We are going to clean you off, and I'm going to punch Frank," Ian declared.
"Well, about that." Mickey started lowering his gaze from Ian''s, who rolled his eyes in reply.
"Okay, let's clean you off, and tomorrow we are going to search for him again," Ian explained.
"Don't you have work tomorrow?" Mickey questioned Ian as he whipped his bloody knuckles.
"Don't care. If I have a twin that looks like me, I want to meet him and then punch Frank with him."
"Alright, if you say so."
"And you're coming with me," Ian said.
"God why?" he groaned.
"It's your brother-in-law; you need to get to know him."
"Let's just meet the guy before you make any plans with him."
"Fine, got an address?" Ian asked as Mickey pulled out a note with an address scramble on top of it and handed it to Ian.
"Now let's get you to the shower to wash off the rest of the blood," he called, helping Mickey up.
"Only if you're coming with me," Mickey smirked as Ina chuckled softly and led them both to the shower.

The next day, they were standing outside of the dress that Mickey had given Ian last night. As Ian rang the bell, a tall man with red hair opened the door.
"Yes?" he asked.
Ian's eyes widened. "Oh fuck."
The guy looked like him. Like a copy and paste in the printer.
"Who are you?" he asked. "Why do you look like me?".
"I'm Ian, and this is Mickey, my husband. Look, I know it might sound crazy, but we might be twins."
"What's your last name?" he asked Ian.
"Gallagher"
"Frank's kid?" Ian nodded.
"Then yes, we are."
Cameron was a decent guy. He was not only looking like Ian but also acting like him. Sure, twins or not, they had their differences.
Ian was in a study relationship with Mickey. Cameron was the kind of guy to move from girl to girl. Cameron was working as an actor and came to visit his mom's grave after hearing she had passed away, while Ian was working as an EMT.
Though they both have a history with the army and struggle with bipolar disorder, they both deeply hate Frank. When Ian and Cameron were born, they played a game about which twin to keep, Ian promptly won, and they abandoned Cameron outside of some orphanage. Claiming they were not able to raise him.
"So is Frank still alive?" Cameron asked.
"Unfortunately," Ian replied, "many have tried before, and no one managed, not even his dad".
"Your dad?" Cameron looked over at Mickey.
"Let's just say that when me and Ian introduced our relationship to the world, things were so good between our dads," Mickey explained.
"Jeez," he called.
"So do you want to come meet the family? We can head there right now and take care of Frank.
"Punching that asshole? I'm in," Cameron called, standing up from the couch as Mickey looked over them with a smirk.
"Now I only wonder who is the oldest?"
"Let's go find this out."
They arrived at the Gallagher's household shortly after and walked straight inside.
"Guys, we are here," Ian called as they entered. Inside the house, Lip and Fiona were watching something on TV while Debbi and Carl were somewhere else, and Liam was in the kitchen with Frank.
"Hey," they waved back, not noticing the other guy that walked with them inside.
"Cameron, that's Fiona the oldest, and that's Lip the second," Ina pointed out. In confusion, Lip and Fiona turned around, and their eyes widened.
"Ian, who the fuck is that?"
"Guys, this is Cameron. My twin brother," he explained.
"A WHAT?" They both called Liam and Frank, walked inside, and then stumbled back inside, trying to disappear from their view.
"You keep on talking; I'm going to punch my dad, '' Camron called, running after Frank.
"FRANK GALLAGHER, YOU'RE A DEAD MEAT!"
Ian, Mickey, and the rest of the family members followed closely behind, trying to stop whatever their new brother was going to do. Cameron was punching like he was a damn punching bag. Frank was on the floor in no time, and Camron was on top of him.
"Camron! Camron! That's enough," Ian called, pulling Camron off Frank, who tucked his tongue out at him. Camron was about to tackle him against the floor, but Ian pulled away.
"You can't kill him; we need him to explain why he did that and why they did that," he explained.
"Fine" Cameron spoke turning back to Frank "Talk".
"I don't know what you want me to say" he shrugged as Fiona groaned.
"Frank, does Ian have a twin we didn't know about?" she yelled almost crying.
"It was Monny's idea.. when she gave birth to these two she suggested sending one for adoption to help other parents that can't have kids. But by the time I returned home, she said she took care of it" he explained, his words were fast. Trying to explain every detail before one of the family members would jump in at him.
But it was too late as Mickey came behind him and knocked him down to the floor.
"When can he knock him down?" Cameron called pointing over to Mickey who smirked as Lip and Carl started to drag Frank away.
"Because he is more experienced than you to knock him off" Ian explained then looking over Mickey with anger "And why did you do that?".
"It's not like you can get actual answers from the guy most of the time what he says is a lie" he pointed out.
"Yeah that's kind of true" Carl shrugged.
"Look, Cameron, I would have suggested that we would track down Monica to ask her. But she would be lying as well. My advice, for now, is for you two to take a DNA test to see if what we think is the actual truth, alright?" Fiona asked as they nodded.

The following day they took the test and sent their results to the lab. They had to wait for two days to get the results. Seeing if Cameron and Ian are actually twins are just two people who are very similar looking.
They spend the next days just trying to get to know each other. Exchanging childhood stories, and relationships they have had in the past. Both apparently were magnets to old people at the age of 15.
Mandy even came to visit and when she saw Cameron for the first time with Ian by his side she almost passed out. And thankfully Cameron coughs her on time.
"You okay Princess?" he asked her as he helped her back on her feet.
She blushed shyly from the nickname and smiled "Now I'm".
The two exchanged some glances between them and Mickey could see the young version of them in them when they first got together. How
It was back then a few glances at the other boy when he didn't notice. A stolen kiss in the abandoned yard. Or the hours of lovemaking under the school bleachers.
Yeah, he missed those times when everything was simple. The only thing they had to worry about was not getting caught. Now was taxes and family planning.
Maybe Mandy and Cameron could work together like Ian and Mickey. And she would stop bitching about wanting a boyfriend. Yeah, that could take her off his back.

A few hours later someone rang their doorbell. As Ian stood up to get the door he was met with a guy with an envelope who nodded at him as he smiled.
"Thank you" he walked back inside seeing all the eyes in the room over him.
"Is that the results?" Mickey called from the kitchen.
"Yeah, Cam, come here" Ian slowly opened the envelope pulled out the letter, and read through it.
"What does it say?" Mandy asked.
"100 percent match" Cameron started as Ian continued "We are actually twins".
"Shit now I've to suffer both of you" Mickey groaned as Ian chuckled bringing his lost twin brother into a hug.
Sure they only met three days ago and didn't know each other that much. But the connection between them was unbreakable.

Five years later 
"Mickey come on we gotta hurry. If won't there in time Mandy would kill Cameron and then he would kill me hurry" Ian called to his husband who took his time getting ready. After three years of marriage, Mandy and Cameron are finally welcoming their firstborn child to the world just four years after Ian and Mickey welcomed their daughter, Emily to the world.
"I'm coming Gallagher calm your tits down" Mickey called from their bedroom pulling his jacket and then leaving the room. Emily was already dressed in her little unicorn dress that she has been obsessed with lately. And with the help of her dad put on her little heels that she would most likely kick them off as soon as they would get there.
"Do you get her bag? And the present?" Mickey asked taking his walker and keys from the kitchen counter.
"Yeah, it's in the car now come on" Ian called picking up his daughter and taking her to the car as Mickey closed the door behind them.
The drive to the hospital was pretty quick thanks to it being seven in the morning.
They quickly entered the hospital searching for the room.
"Excuse me do you know where is Mandy Monaghan's room?" he asked the nurse who looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
"Didn't I just see inside?"
"Oh, that's my twin brother her husband." He explained.
"Oh, alright her room is number 606. You all together?" She asked pointing at Mickey and Emily.
"Yes this is my husband and Mandy's brother and our little daughter"
"Lovely family, congrats" She smiled and then waved at the little girl before leaving.
They arrived at the room shortly after knocking first before walking in. Mandy was lying in bed with the baby on her chest as Cameron was smiling in admiration at his girls.
"Uncle Daddy" Emily called running towards her uncle as he lifted her up.
"Hello my little queen how are you today" he asked the girl kissing her cheek.
"Good! Can I see my cousin King?" she asked.
"Of course" he smiled moving with her towards Mandy who showed her the little girl who observed her face.
"Daddy she is so tiny" she squealed softly.
"You know you were this small once when daddy and I brought you from the hospital" Mickey smiled taking the little girl back to his hands.
"Daddy and Papa can I have a little baby like that?" she asked.
"Sure honey one day" he smiled at his daughter.
Ian moved towards his brother and hugged him patting his back "Finally a dad aren't you?" he smiled.
"Yeah, it feels good you know? I can take care of the little princess without needing to learn anything from Frank or copy him. Not like I can. I can just copy you and Mickey.
You two are great dads"
"You know why?" Cameron shook his head.
"Because we didn't read the playbook of How to Be Dad by Frank Gallagher"
"There is a playbook?" Cameron called.
"Dude by now should be a series about it".

Oh Frank you would never learn aren't you?
Hope you have an amazing day and stay safe
Remember "stay healthy eat a cake and write a book"
Love ya ❤️