Military spouse

Whats up people
So one of the ideas I had recently is for Ian to be back in the military while his dearly beloved husband is back in Chicago working as a mechanic...
———————
'Duke passes me the Socket wrenches' Mickey called. Duke a Spanish man in his mid-twenties nodded and passed him the Socket wrenches. Mickey nodded towards him and continued with his car fixing. As he moved the Socket wrenches into his hand his phone rang. 'Mick your phone' Duke called. Mickey wiped away his hands and pulled out his phone from his pocket. 'Joel I'm taking my break now' he called walking outside. When he saw that he was out of anyone's sight he answered the call.
'Hey red how's it going?' he asked his husband. 'Hey Mick, I'm alright.. hanging in there, how are you? I miss you' Ian smiled at the phone. He knew that Mickey couldn't see him but he knew him, and how he reacts after not hearing each other voice for two weeks.
'I miss you too, when would I see you? Yev misses his daddy' Mick asked.
'Soon, but I'm not too sure. My captain said that we might get released soon and we could go home' Ian replied.
'How soon?'
'Hopefully next month'
'That's too long '
'I know... but we can make it I believe in you, love' Mickey chuckled. Ian has lately started to use all these love nicknames baby and babe and love. And every time that Mickey hears one of them he gets this warm feeling that Ian is by his side, even though he is over 3000 miles away.
'How have you been? How's Yev?' Ian asked.
'We are alright, I'm at work today. Svet is looking after Yev today, we are hanging just fine' he responded honestly. He misses Ian, he hasn't seen his redhead in over a year and he tries to hold off Ian as much as he can get.
'What about you?' Mickey asked.
'You know the normal, getting up every day at five am, fighting with Rocky in the bathroom for stealing my toothpaste again. Eating breakfast and then going base for the rest of the day' Ian said.
'Sound's like fun' Mickey chuckled.
'Wish you were here though'
'Me too babe' Ian chuckled.
Then as always, he started to hear people talking behind which meant time was up for them.
'Mick I gotta go back, but I'll see you soon right?'
'Of course '
'Say hey to Yev for me, would you? Love you both'
'Love you too, I'll tell Yev, go save the world '
With that, the call was over and Mickey would have to go back to his job. He misses Ian more than anything.
As he turned around to go back inside he saw Duke, Daisy, and his boss Joel all looking at him in curiosity. They all knew that every two weeks Mickey would take his break early to some important call with someone. The problem was that they didn't know who was that someone. They all suspected it was some girl he was seeing who lives far away for them to communicate on a normal basis.
What they didn't know was that it was his Military husband who is right now in Afghanistan serving the country.
'So was that your girl?' Duke smirked.
'Fuck you man I ain't got no girl' he responded.
'Come on Mick, we heard the conversation' Daisy noted.
Daisy was their only female mechanic at the show. She was a nice girl and Mickey found himself becoming friends with her since he started to work at the shop.
'Aren't you supposed to work? All of you?' he asked annoyed.
'Not before you tell us about your girl'
'I don't have a girl!' he answered back.
'Bullshit' Joel called
'You're with them on that?!' he asked surprised and the man nodded fearlessly.
'For fucks sake I'm going back to work' he declared and walked away from them.
The real reason why he hadn't told anyone about Ian was that it was nobody's business.
He loves Ian, he does. But he never thought that after coming out once you'd have to do it all the damn time.

Two days later he was back at the shop working on the same car, that the owner of it somehow managed to scratch again. 'Duke passes the plier' Mickey called. 'Which one?' he heard a voice behind him ask. He turned around to look at his friend but stopped when he saw Ian.
'For fuck's sake' he cursed under his breath.
'So which one do you need?' Ian smirked. Without another word, Mickey launched on him hugging him for dearest life.
'I missed you '
'Missed you too' Mickey smiled pulling away from him. Then without hesitation pulled Ian back closer and kissed him. He missed those lips. He missed him. He misses all of him, his eyes, his face, and those freckles that cover all of him. He missed his redhead.
'Omg,' he heard a voice behind him gasp for life. He pulled away for Ian and saw Duke, Daisy, and Joel all looking at him in shock.
'Mickey, who the hell is that?' Daisy asked.
'This is Ian, my husband' he smiled. He missed saying this word.
'You're gay?!' Duke asked.
'You didn't tell them, didn't you?' Ian asked looking over Mickey who shook his head nuzzling his head in the crock of Ian's neck.
'Hey I'm Ian, I'm this dummy husband' he introduced. They all shook their hands approvingly.
'You're in the military?' Daisy asked.
'Yes, Sargent Gallavich, just came back from Afghanistan' he explained.
'So I was right' Daisy smiled wildly.
'Pardon me?' Ian asked confused.
'They had this theory that I was seeing a girl that lives far away because we only communicate every two weeks' Mickey explained.
'Oh that makes sense now' Duke called.
'I still thought it was a girl' Joel sighed and Mickey chuckled.
'So are you going to introduce us or what Mickey?' Daisy asked.
'Ian, this is Daisy, Duke, and my weird ass boss Joel' he introduced.
'Why am I the weird ass?' Joel asked.
'Cause you're a weird ass' Mickey explained.
'He got a point Cap' Daisy said and they all laughed.
'One more word and you're grounded with Duke at my office'
'Please not again' she begged and they all laughed.
'So how about we go out for drinks after work? my treat' Joel asked.
'Sure' 'Right' Duke and Daisy called.
'You guys are gonna come?' he asked. Mickey and Ian shared one look and both knew what was in the other's mind.
'We would love to, but how about tomorrow, we kinda want some alone time' Mickey said.
'Said no more, go! I'll finish the car Gallavich' Joel called.
'Really?' Mickey asked.
'Yeah man go, come back tomorrow though but an hour early because we got some questions to ask'
'Sure, thanks Joel' Mickey smiled walking away with Ian by his side.

And the end!
Took me a while for this, was at work all day and just got to the point where I could finish this up
Have a great day, people
Love ya ❤️