twenty-four.

⁕ ❋ ✻ ✽ ❃ ✿ ❊

chris felt relief flood through him and he looked at dasha. ''yeah?''

''yeah.'' she smiled lightly. ''maybe you're an idiot, but so am i. i should've listened to you earlier.''

''dasha?''

''yeah, chris?''

''i'm sorry for saying you had a victim mentality.'' he said in a low voice. ''that shit wasn't cool.''

''it's okay.''

''are you sure?''

she nodded. ''to be honest, i had no right to be upset anyway. it's not like you're my boyfriend.''

he hesitated. ''do you remember when i went to speak with matt and nick?''

''yeah.''

''i was telling them that i liked you.''

she paused, turning to look at him in surprise. he looked at her, and they made eye contact for a split second before he looked down at his food.

''guess what i was talking about with lana and nea?''

''what?''

''how much i liked you.''

he looked back up at her. ''for real?''

''yeah.'' she nodded. ''they told me that you probably liked me back, and that i should tell you, which is why it really hurt me to see those pictures.''

''were you going to tell me?''

''yeah. i was heading out the door when lana saw them.''

''so we have alahna to blame?'' he joked.

''amelia is to blame. not alahna and not you.''

chris nodded and then looked at her. ''since we're being honest, can i tell you something else?''

''of course.''

''i do snore.''

she laughed slightly. ''i don't think you do. you didn't when-''

''i hardly slept. i kept waking up so i wouldn't disturb you.''

dasha thought she felt her heart physically melt. ''you snored when we shared a bed.''

''because i was comfortable and didn't wake up.''

she smiled. ''that's cute.''

''i know, right?'' he replied, and then paused. ''we actually like each other?''

''i guess so.'' she said, making a disgusted face. ''middle school dasha is screaming right now.''

''so is middle school chris.'' he said. ''you know sometimes people hate each other because they have a crush? that wasn't me.''

''neither.'' she answered, shaking her head. ''i really did hate you.''

he nodded, his eyes darting to meet hers. ''i don't hate you anymore, dasha.''

''i hate when you call me dasha.'' she admitted.

he laughed. ''i really like you, rein.''

her cheeks turned a pale pink. ''i really like you.''

she smiled, putting her drink onto the grass next to her and moving closer to chris. he looked at her for a few moments and she scoffed before pulling him into her and pressing her lips onto his. chris was surprised by the forwardness of the brunette girl, but it didn't put him off. their lips met, and it almost felt like there were real fireworks exploding all around them.