𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

⁕ ❋ ✻ ✽ ❃ ✿ ❊

THREE YEARS LATER:

chris stood on the table, tying a shiny black balloon to the display. he looked at it for a few moments before reaching for a white one and putting that next to it. he was about to grab another one when he wobbled slightly, putting his arms out to keep his balance.

matt looked at his brother in amusement, smirking lightly as he ate his chips.

''you're going to fall.''

''fuck off, matt, no i won't.''

he was quiet for a moment and then pointed. ''why did you do black and white?''

chris looked at him. ''why don't you help me?''

''busy.'' he replied, shaking the chips bag dramatically. ''and she's your girlfriend.''

''she's your best friend.'' he argued. ''and we're running out of time.''

''we still have three hours, chris.''

''i know, but it has to be perfect for her.''

today was dasha's nineteenth birthday, and chris was determined to make her day as special as she was to him. their birthdays were actually pretty close together - the triplets only being two weeks older than her - and she had made chris' day one that he would remember for a long time.

that's what he wanted for his girlfriend...and that's why he was putting together a huge balloon display in the middle of his kitchen. he wanted nick or matt to help him, but nick was still sleeping and matt was just watching him.

''what did you get her?'' matt asked.

''silver heels.''

he looked at his brother in surprise. ''that's a rogue choice.''

''no...she pointed them out to me when we were last shopping so i went back and bought them.'' he explained. ''what about you?''

''she kept saying how comfortable my bedding was so i bought her the same but in a different colour.''

''you do realise it'll probably be going on my bed?''

matt grinned. ''yep...that's why i bought it in pink.''

''are you serious?''

''yes.''

''fuck you, man. why are you always tryna set me up?''

''it's funny.'' he shrugged.

chris rolled his eyes, tying the last balloon to the display and then carefully climbing down from the table. he stepped back slightly to appreciate his work and then looked at matt. ''what do you think?''

''looks sick.''

''thanks. i hope dash likes it.''

''she will.''

chris was about to reply when he felt his phone buzzed, pulling it from his pocket immediately. he had sent dasha a text as soon as it hit midnight even though he knew she wouldn't reply for hours.

she had been in paris staying with justine's family for an entire month and, whilst she had facetimed chris almost everyday, it hadn't felt the same. they had been together for three years, and this was the longest they had gone without seeing each other. one of the only comforts for chris was that matt was going through the exact same - he missed justine, and he was excited to see her when they got back.

 one of the only comforts for chris was that matt was going through the exact same - he missed justine, and he was excited to see her when they got back