sixteen.

⁕ ❋ ✻ ✽ ❃ ✿ ❊

chris texted dasha the moment she went upstairs, not wanting her to be upset on her own. when she asked him to go up, he had to fight the smile off his face. he stood up, about to leave, when matt turned to him.

''you're so dumb, chris!'' matt exploded.

''me?'' he asked. ''why?''

''why the fuck did you tell her?!''

''she was asking...i couldn't lie to her!''

matt sighed. ''if she doesn't forgive me, i won't forgive you.''

''she will forgive you, matt.'' nea said softly before turning to chris. ''it's you she'll have a problem with.''

''whatever, nea.'' chris sighed. ''don't get involved.''

''maybe you shouldn't get involved in matt's friendships.'' she argued. ''when you were kids, i understand, but recently? that's just sad.''

''i know, but you have to understand...i didn't like dasha and-''

''didn't?'' alahna echoed.

''don't.'' he said firmly. ''i don't like dasha.''

''right.'' alahna smiled lightly. ''sure.''

chris scoffed. ''i'm going to my room.''

matt tried to stop him, but he shrugged him away. he went to the room, locking the door behind him so that nobody would barge in. he led on his bed with a groan, turning onto his stomach to face the brunette girl. she copied him, so that they were both facing each other, both resting their chin on their hand.

''you okay?'' chris said after a few moments.

''i'm not mad at anybody.'' she replied, avoiding the question. ''was it awkward when i left?''

''a little.'' he nodded. ''matt and nea are mad at me for telling you.''

''they're just trying to look out for me.'' she muttered. ''i don't even care that you told matt to stop hanging out with me...i just care that he didn't tell me.''

''he thought that was the right thing to do.''

''i know. like i said, i'm not mad.''

''but you're hurt?''

dasha looked at chris and sighed. ''i guess i am. i'm sorry! i know it's stupid!''

he frowned. ''why do you do that?''

''do what?''

''just disregard your feelings.''

she thought about his words, letting them sink in. she didn't really notice it before, but now he had said it, it seemed true. dasha had always been told she was dramatic, or an overthinker when in reality she struggled with depression. after being told it so many times, she stopped sharing her feelings. she isolated herself, allowing herself to be angry or sad in private, and then continuing like nothing happened.

''i've always been told i'm dramatic.'' she replied. ''i'm not disregarding my feelings, i'm just not showing them to you.'' 

chris listened to her, feeling the guilt sink in. he had never told her that she was dramatic to her face, but he had definitely thought it, and maybe he'd even said it to nick or alahna. it was one of the reasons he hated her, but now, he could see that she wasn't dramatic - she just didn't express her feelings.

so on the chance she did, it was like an explosion.

''i don't think you're dramatic, rein.'' he said softly.