eighteen.

⁕ ❋ ✻ ✽ ❃ ✿ ❊

dasha and chris walked through the woods, making sure they weren't really near their friends. both of them were surprised at that fact because it was only a few days ago they were begging their friends to not leave them and now they were the ones leaving.

''what did you think of justine?'' dasha asked.

''she seemed nice.'' chris shrugged. ''what do you think?''

''i liked her.''

''matt will be glad to hear that.''

dasha nodded. ''she's really pretty.''

''she's nothing compared to you though.'' he replied jokingly.

the brunette blushed, but rolled her eyes. ''shut the fuck up.''

''rude.''

she smiled lightly. ''you have no problems with matt hanging with justine, then?''

''why would i?'' he asked.

she shrugged. ''you had a problem with me-''

''because i didn't like you, reiny.'' he explained with a soft grin. ''justine is different.''

''so...i'm guessing you're okay with matt hanging out with me now?'' dasha joked.

chris hesitated. he wasn't sure what he was about to say, but he just had to be honest with her. whenever the brunette girl was around, he felt compelled to share every single thought and feeling that consumed him. he fucking hated that, but it was a new feeling and he knew he had to explore it.

''no.''

she stopped walking. ''what?''

he stopped. ''i don't want you to hang out with matt. i don't want you to hang out with nea, or justine...or even nick or alahna.''

''what the fuck are you talking about?'' she asked flatly.

''i just want you to hang out with me.''

she looked at him in confusion. ''what?''

''i just want you to hang out with me.'' he repeated.

dasha scoffed awkwardly. ''sounding kinda toxic there, sturniolo.''

''sorry.'' he laughed softly.

''what do you mean, chris?''

''if i'm honest, will you run away?''

''maybe.''

''i'll take my chance.'' he muttered. ''i like spending time with you but i don't like spending time with you when we're with our friends. i mean, i do, but i prefer when it's just us.''

''really?''

he nodded. ''i know it sounds lame, and we're hardly even friends, but i don't want to be without you, rein.''

''chris-''

''i don't want you to hang out with anybody else because i just want you to hang out with me.''

dasha felt sick, trailing her foot along the leaves on the ground softly. she hesitated slightly, not really sure how to reply. she rarely ever expressed her feelings - especially not in person - but the way chris was looking at her...he forced her guard down. it motivated her, and she cleared her throat.

''i actually feel the same.''

''you do?'' he asked.

''yeah.'' she laughed slightly. ''i bet you wished i ran away now.''