one.

⁕ ❋ ✻ ✽ ❃ ✿ ❊

the brunette girl walked through the hall, swinging her hips lightly as she did. her golden bangle slid up her arm as she moved her hair from her face, and the weeknd pulsed through her airpods.

she was completely zoned out, focusing just on the music, when she felt somebody grab her shoulder. she whirled around, pulling the airpod from her ear and sighing in relief when she saw matt standing there, a grin on his face.

''you scared me!'' she sighed, removing the other earphone.

''sorry.'' he smiled. ''i didn't mean to...you just didn't hear me call you.''

''i had airpods in.''

''like you always do.'' matt replied. ''the weeknd?''

''you know me so well, matthew.'' she teased. ''where's nea?''

''i think she's on her way.''

dasha nodded, the two falling into step as they walked through the hall. they both had science and would walk together whenever they could.

''how are you today?'' matt asked.

she shrugged. ''i'm okay.''

''yeah?''

''yeah.'' she answered reassuringly. ''what about you?''

''i'm good.'' 

dasha gave him a small nod of understanding. she had been best friends with matt since elementary school and the two of them shared an understanding that they didn't with others. matt struggled with anxiety, whilst dasha had issues with depression, and that meant they were there for each other more than anyone else.

it had just been the two of them since they were eleven - until nea joined six months ago. she sat next to dasha in homeroom, and the two instantly hit it off. the brunette introduced her to matt and they had been a trio ever since.

''dash?''

she looked at matt. ''what?''

''you were zoned out.''

''sorry.'' she replied. ''were you speaking to me?''

''i asked if you wanna come round after school?''

''sure. did you bring the van?''

he nodded. ''yeah, so you can just ride back with us.''

''as in...?''

''chris will be there.'' matt confirmed.

she rolled her eyes. even though the triplets only lived a ten minute drive from school, that was way too long for dasha to be stuck in the car with chris. on a good day, he would just pretend she didn't exist and talk over her and not reply to any of her stories. on a bad day, he would insult her, say her stories were dumb and basically just be unkind.

chris always tried to get a reaction out of dasha and, most of the time, it worked. she would say something equally as horrible, which he would reply to and that would end up with the two of them yelling at each other until nick or matt told them to shut the fuck up. that would quieten them for a few minutes...and then chris would say something else and the whole thing would start again.

nick and matt were completely tired of chris and dasha's arguments. it had been six years of constant bickering and, no matter what happened, the two of them would never be friends. they both hated each other, and nobody could change that.

''can't we leave chris to walk home?'' she asked hopefully.

matt laughed. ''he will kick both of our asses.''