seven.

⁕ ❋ ✻ ✽ ❃ ✿ ❊

''i hate you so much.'' dasha raged. ''i was literally trying to help you and you just...''

chris rolled his eyes, zoning her out as she spoke. over the years, he had gotten really good at doing that. when he was younger, he used to pretend she wasn't even there and it was just him playing with matt and nick. in school, he would pretend there was an empty seat where she sat and just ignore anytime she tried to speak.

she was still ranting about how much of an asshole he was when he zoned back in and he groaned loudly, causing her to jump at the sudden noise.

''can you shut up?''

''no!'' she argued.

''how do you carry so much hate? isn't it heavy?''

''what?''

''you're literally four foot tall.'' he shrugged. ''hating me must weight you down.''

she stared at him blankly. ''if i'm four foot, you must be five.''

''you wish.'' he muttered.

''no. you're only, like, two inches taller than me.''

''fuck you, rein, no i'm not.'' he snapped. ''i'm five foot eight.''

''and i'm five foot two.'' she shrugged. ''so shut up saying i'm four foot because it automatically makes you five.''

he frowned, hating the smug look on her face. they both knew that she was winning the disagreement, and chris hated that. 

''when?'' he said suddenly.

she sighed. ''what are you talking about now?''

''when did i ask?''

''you're an idiot.'' she replied tiredly. ''did you at least get the containers?''

''right here.'' he said, shaking them in front of her face purposely.

she slapped his hand away. ''i'm not impressed.''

''i don't want you to be.''

chris noticed nea, nick, matt and alahna standing together in the near distance and he began to walk in that direction, not bothering to tell dasha where he was going. she saw him turn and finally noticed her friends, beginning to follow the boy.

''you're lucky i saved your ass back there.'' she continued. ''i should've let you get caught.'' 

''you know that if you did, i'd take you down with me.''

''you are such-''

''give it a rest, rein!'' chris groaned.

''do you guys ever stop arguing?'' nick smiled as they approached them.

''yes.'' he shrugged. ''i mostly just ignore her.''

''and i prefer it that way.'' she replied.

''you guys took forever.'' nea groaned. ''what were you doing?''

dasha looked at chris who was already looking at her, a pleading look on his face. she rolled her eyes before looking back at their friends.

''chris couldn't find the containers but they were in his bag.''

''so you did have them?'' alahna laughed. ''seriously, chris?'' 

''i guess i did.'' he muttered.

''you're such an idiot.'' matt grinned, rolling his eyes.