|ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴜʀɴ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ| Soap x Reader

↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦

You and Soap are going through a very dark phase in your relationship, which is leading to divorce. But your love makes you understand that the two of you are meant to be together.

↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦

(Author's note:  Hello there! Today, I thought we'd spice things up a bit with something a tad different. I'm crossing my fingers that you'll enjoy this chapter nonetheless! 😊)

Who would've thought that the bond you shared with the man of your dreams would take such an unexpected turn down a gendered path? Your romance with Soap felt like a modern-day fairy tale; he treated you like royalty, his unwavering attention making you feel like the center of his universe. But then fate threw a curveball into the mix, redefining your relationship with just two little lines on a pregnancy test—boom, you were pregnant.

Neither of you saw this twist in your story coming, nor did you ever imagine it as part of the plan. But your love—oh, it was a force to be reckoned with. You both decided to embrace this new chapter to nurture a life born from the very essence of your love.

When little Alice came into the world, it felt like your hearts couldn't contain any more joy or completeness. But oh, how time has a way of unraveling surprises.

"I'm at my wit's end, John!" you confess, frustration bubbling over as you meet his eyes with anger and exhaustion. Countless sleepless nights had left you on edge, your nerves frayed to the breaking point.

"I'm doing what I can for our family, Y/N!" Soap's retort is just as fiery, his voice echoing with determination as he busies himself with packing his military gear, a tangible barrier between you two.

"I can't just drop everything for you; my team's counting on me—" Soap begins, his resolve firm as he prepares to depart. His loyalty to his comrades and his sense of duty were heavy on him; he couldn't bear to let them down.

"I need you, John!" The words burst from you, raw and desperate, fueled by a fury coursing through your veins, making your whole body quiver.

"Taking care of a three-month-old, managing the house, and holding down a job—I can't do it all alone!" Your frustration peaks, but Soap remains unmoved, methodically organizing his military bag. With each indifferent move, your anger only intensifies, realizing your pleas fall on deaf ears.

"It's my duty, I can't just bail on my team for you!" Soap's retort cuts through the air, sharp and defensive, his annoyance palpable. Yet, his declaration strikes you like a blow to the chest, leaving you hollow and shattered inside.

Silent, you watch Soap don his jacket and head for the door, every step echoing the growing chasm between you. But before he can exit, you find your voice again, the tears pooling in your eyes betraying the steely resolve in your tone.

"If you walk out that door, it's over between us...I'm asking for a divorce." The words hang heavy in the air, a mix of anguish and determination, marking a pivotal moment in your relationship.

Soap lingers in the doorway, a fleeting presence before he vanishes through the threshold, leaving you stranded in a sea of solitude. You stand there, a solitary figure, your gaze fixed on the closed door, tears cascading down your cheeks like a relentless downpour.

That moment is a bitter reminder of betrayal by the man you once cherished, the man you built a family with. How could he abandon you so callously, prioritize work over family without a hint of regret? It cuts deep, especially in those vulnerable early days of motherhood when you craved his presence beside you.