|ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ| Alejandro Vargas x Reader

↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦

After a mission with the person you hate most of all, you are forced to stay in a house alone together... and you will discover that he is not as bad as you thought.

↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦

(Author's note: Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing awesome!

Guess what? While I was writing this chapter, an inspiration hit me! And get this - it opens up the perfect chance for a second part. How cool is that? If you're keen on the idea, let me know😄 )

You couldn't fathom why fate had singled you out for this task. Out of all the capable souls out there, why you? Why not Rodolfo or anyone else? It was a puzzle you couldn't solve. The mission itself wasn't rocket science, just your typical high-stakes gig with danger lurking around every corner. Sneak into enemy territory, snatch some data off a PC, and skedaddle with it safely stored on a USB stick. Simple, right? Well, not quite. The kicker? You had to team up with Alejandro, the one person who rubbed you the wrong way, like sandpaper on raw skin. Despite being the top dog, you and he were like oil and water—never mixing, constantly clashing. It was a mystery to others, but not to you. Oh no, you knew exactly why the mere sight of him set your blood boiling—your reasons ran deep.

Against all odds, the mission went off without a hitch. You snagged the intel, slipped away like a ghost, and set up camp in a makeshift safe spot, biding time until extraction. Yet, even with success dangling just within reach, peace remained elusive. Like clockwork, you and Alejandro kept up your squabbles, a constant drone of discord echoing in the air.

"I don't know if you're trying to get a rise out of me or what, but enough's enough," you say, locking eyes with Alejandro. Your voice carries the weight of irritation, stretched thin by the tension.

"What exactly do you want me to stop?" Alejandro's words linger in the air, his gaze an unyielding force meeting yours. He inches closer, his presence looming, yet his eyes remain fixed on you.

"Cut it out," you retort, your tone stern and aggravated, jabbing a finger at his chest to halt his advance. "I can't stomach your holier-than-thou attitude just because I'm a woman... but let me tell you something, I'm just as capable as you are."

"Oh, really?" Alejandro arches an eyebrow, closing the distance until you're practically nose to nose. His stare is probing, a mix of intrigue and smugness coloring his features. His challenge hangs in the air, thick with defiance. "And dare I ask, do you reckon you're better than me?" Alejandro's voice drips with skepticism, his posture mirroring your own.

"I can handle anything you can dish out in the workplace," you shoot back, your tone severe and tinged with irritation, never wavering in your stare-down with him.

"You've shown time and again that you've got the chops to outshine me in just about anything," Alejandro admits with a nod, a genuine smile lighting up his face. "But there's one thing I've got that you don't." As he steps nearer, his smirk fades into a gentle smile, a hint of mystery in his eyes.

"Care to guess what that might be?" His words hang in the air, a whisper laced with intrigue.

"The only disparities between us are the lack of a beard, a deeper voice, and, well, the obvious anatomy." Your response drips with irony, yet there's a steeliness to your tone, a resolve that refuses to bend. It's clear you're not just jesting; you're demanding acknowledgment of your equal worth in the field based on undeniable evidence.