|ʜɪꜱ ꜰᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ɴᴜʀꜱᴇ| König x Reader p.1

↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦

Once König sets his sights on you, he takes the initiative to ask you out on a date. As the evening unfolds, it surpasses all your expectations, leaving you pleasantly surprised and deeply fulfilled.

↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦

(Author's note: Hey everyone! Just popping in to let you know that I've tried something a bit different in this chapter. Hope you enjoy it nonetheless! Also, the German words I've used, as usual, were sourced from the internet, so apologies if there are any mistakes.)

"Can I ask you a personal question?" König's deep voice reverberates through the quiet room, the intensity of his gaze locked onto you, sending a shiver down your spine.

You pause, the weight of his question sinking in, before finally responding to the Austrian soldier seated on the nearby bed.
"Yes, go ahead..." Your voice wavers slightly as you edge away from König, removing the latex gloves you had just used to mend the seam on his arm, tossing them into the bin. Each movement is scrutinized by König, his eyes tracing your every gesture with an unsettling intensity.

As evening descends, the infirmary feels eerily solitary, the silence hanging heavily in the air, suffocating almost. König breaks the quiet with a throat clearing, his next words carrying an air of anticipation.
"Are you currently dating anyone...?" His voice trails off momentarily, then he inhales deeply. "Do you have someone special in your life...?"

Your heart skips a beat at the inquiry, your body stiffening as you stand before the bin, your back turned to König, grappling with the intrusion into your personal life.

"No... I'm not seeing anyone," you reply hastily, attempting to downplay the significance of the question, though the discomfort of discussing such matters with a near stranger weighs heavily upon you. After all, König was merely a passing presence around the base, a figure shrouded in mystery, known only by name and rank.

"So..." König begins, rising from the bed with a hesitant step towards you, his voice trailing off intermittently. He inhales sharply, attempting to gather his thoughts. "So... there's no one who catches your interest?" His words hang in the air, punctuated by the sound of his approaching footsteps, each one sending a jolt of anxiety coursing through you.

As König draws nearer, your heart quickens its pace, a palpable tension building in the air.

"These questions... they're not really appropriate," you murmur, your back still turned to him as you retreat towards your desk in the infirmary, busying yourself with papers in an attempt to evade the discomfort of the situation.

"I know, I know," König acknowledges with a pained expression, yet his resolve to engage with you remains steadfast, closing the distance between you as he follows you towards the desk.

"I..." his voice falters once more, his unfinished thoughts hanging in the air like a heavy fog.

"Would there ever have been a chance?" König's voice carries a hint of vulnerability as he begins to speak again, only to halt abruptly, drawing a deep breath. With each word, his imposing figure looms closer, his presence overwhelming, almost suffocating.

Instinctively, you retreat, a step back bringing you uncomfortably close to the desk, caught between its unforgiving surface and König's imposing frame. Trapped, you find yourself at a loss for words, the weight of his inquiry pressing upon you.