|ʀᴇʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴇꜱꜱ| Gaz x Reader

↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦

After a long and stressful day at work, all Gaz needs is to be by your side and work off everything he has accumulated during the day.

↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦

Navigating a relationship with a military man was no easy feat, and you were intimately familiar with the challenges it brought. Whether he was away for weeks or months on deployment or diligently training at the base, Gaz was constantly immersed in the demands of his military commitments. It frustrated you at times, resenting how the perpetual stress and pressure emanated from his duties and how Captain Price seemed to propel him to different corners of the world, even though you acknowledged that Gaz had willingly chosen this path.

On a day like any other, he was at the base, engrossed in his usual rigorous work. You refrained from probing into the intricacies of his military endeavours; you didn't want to delve into the specifics of the dangers he faced. All that mattered to you was his happiness and well-being.

Yet, the solitude at home became monotonous. On this particular Saturday, devoid of work commitments and having completed all possible household chores, the ennui of being alone in the house crept in. As evening descended and after finishing your meal, you settled onto the sofa, opting to watch a movie before bedtime. You knew Gaz wouldn't be home early; his return was constantly delayed by the demands of his duty. You positioned yourself comfortably, lying on the couch with your head supported by a soft pillow, engrossed in the movie playing on the screen.

Lost in the narrative, the late-night silence was disrupted by the sound of footsteps in the living room. Glancing up, you spotted Gaz, still clad in his heavy soldier coat and boots. His face bore the marks of exhaustion and stress, a clear reflection of the challenges he faced in his military life.

"You're home sooner than expected," you softly remark, gently setting the TV remote on the coffee table in front of the couch. Anticipating getting up to greet your boyfriend with a warm hug, your plans are interrupted as he strides towards you. His hands find their place on your shoulders, coaxing you to recline on the couch. Without hesitation, he stretches out on top of you, enfolding you in his embrace, his arms securing your waist, and his face finding solace in the curve of your neck.

His unexpected move takes you entirely by surprise, leaving you utterly stunned and silent for several prolonged minutes. Yet, beneath the initial shock, a profound understanding assures you that his actions arise from a deeply rooted motivation driven by the overwhelming stress and fatigue of his demanding job—a desperate yearning for comfort. You envelop him in your arms, tenderly embracing him while delicately caressing his back and the nape of his neck.

"Do you want to talk about it?" you whisper softly, a genuine desire to offer him support evident in your words.

He breathes lightly, the warmth of his breath brushing against your neck. Declining the offer to talk, he shakes his head, affirming his need for something beyond words. Today had evidently taken its toll on him. He murmurs something into your neck, the words too faint for you to discern.

Though tempted to inquire about his muttered words, you choose silence, patiently waiting to see if Gaz would willingly share more. Meanwhile, you adjust yourself beneath the weight of his warm body, continuing the gentle caresses on his weary form, understanding that, at that moment, it's all he requires.