|ʙᴀʙʏ ꜰᴇᴠᴇʀ| Soap x Reader

↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦

Lately, you notice that Soap has taken on a different attitude than usual and you think it's just a passing thing... but Baby Fever has hit Soap too hard.

↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦↤↦

After two years of marriage, you believed you knew Soap inside out, but recent changes in his behavior proved you wrong. Lately, he'd been showering you with unprecedented affection, holding you close and caressing you tenderly. Each embrace seemed to linger longer, his hand finding its way to rest gently on your belly, a gesture that stirred a mixture of confusion and excitement within you. As time passed, his actions grew more pronounced; he'd eagerly show you baby items while out shopping, or point out families with strollers, his eyes alight with a longing you couldn't quite grasp.

You had initially brushed off his behavior as a passing phase, attributing it to temporary whims. Yet, as the weeks turned into months, it became clear that Soap was gripped by an undeniable yearning for parenthood. Despite your silent observations, you hesitated to broach the subject, hoping it was merely a fleeting desire. But reality proved otherwise, shattering your assumptions once more.

It was one of those rare mornings when the demands of work didn't dictate your every move. As you rose from bed, the soft light filtering through the curtains cast a gentle glow over the room. Nestling into a cozy corner of the kitchen, you cradled a steaming mug of your favorite brew, the comforting warmth seeping into your hands. With your laptop before you, you delved into the familiar routine of checking emails, the rhythmic tap of keys punctuating the quiet morning air.

Amidst the tranquil ambiance, Soap emerged from the bedroom, still clad in his pajamas, his presence a welcome interruption to the solitude. His morning ritual mirrored yours as he brewed his own cup of coffee, the rich aroma mingling with the scent of anticipation that hung between you. A tender kiss pressed to your forehead sent a flutter of warmth through your veins as he settled across from you, his gaze soft and unassuming.

As you attempted to close the browser, a glint of curiosity led your eyes to stray to the search engine's recent history. What you found there sent a jolt of bewilderment coursing through your veins. Names for children, newborn gift ideas—the screen seemed to betray secrets you hadn't even realized were concealed within the depths of your shared device. The realization hit you like a sudden gust of wind, stirring a whirlwind of uncertainty and doubt.

Soap, noticing the shift in your expression, cast a concerned glance in your direction, his brow furrowing with confusion at the unexpected tension that now hung between you.

"Did you happen to use my laptop?" you inquire, peering over the edge of your computer screen, a knot of tension tightening in your chest as you awaited Soap's response.

A faint chuckle escaped Soap's lips, his eyes dancing with mischief as he admitted, "Guilty as charged. Why does it bother you so much?" His tone laced with amusement, he wore a smirk that betrayed a hint of mischief, seemingly enjoying the intrigue.

Your fingers hovered over the keyboard, frozen in place as you absorbed his nonchalant admission. With a sinking feeling, you turned your attention to the screen, where a trail of searches painted a picture you hadn't anticipated—names, baby clothes, and all things newborn.

Swallowing hard, you mustered the courage to confront the looming uncertainty. "This is my work laptop... and I find searches about children on it. Is there something you need to tell me?" The weight of your words hung heavy in the air, your gaze locking with Soap's cerulean eyes, searching for answers you feared to uncover.