Chapter 27. One Possessive Asshole.

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you Pa."

Papa remained silent. This time, I hugged him even tighter.

"I love you Papa."

To my utter surprise, my father lets out a soft sigh. His shoulders slightly dropped as he wrapps his arms around me.

"I cant give you the blessing that you are asking for because I still think that what you will do is a mistake Arabella."

I removed my head from his chest and looked him in his eyes.

"But....if this man makes you happy, dont let me or anyone else get in your way in finding and choosing your happiness."

I feel like all the angels descended from heaven and rejoiced around us. Did I just hear that right? My father, the General Galves, although not directly, gave his consent for me to marry?

"Can you rephrase that Pa? Make it more official." I tried to let out a puppy face while looking up at him.

"Don't push it Arabella."

A giggle escaped my mouth while looking at my Pa with admiration. I know my mother has a hand on this and I could not ask for more.

My father and I walked out of the stable while I'm holding on to his arm. Devon and Carlos are waiting for us outside. I know I have to make amends to my cousin. I could not stand getting angry at him anymore so I decided to talk to him. My Father and Carlos went back to the house while Devon and I took a walk. I am clinging on to my cousin's ripped arm as we stroll.

"I'm sorry Devy."

"Apology not accepted."

"Devy!"

Devon lets out a soft chuckle while a smile is painted on his face.

"I didnt mean what I said. Uhhmmm, well I meant every word I said at that time, but those words dont apply now. I love you and I appreciate everything that you have done for me and for pa."

Devon lets out a sigh of defeat while clasping my hand. "I love you too baby sister."

When will my family understand that Im not a baby anymore? I'm twenty six years old for goodness sakes! Im betting that they wont be able to accept Nikolai until such time that they first accept that Im not their baby Ara anymore.

"I'm all grown up. Not a baby anymore Devy."

"That's kind of hard to imagine so quit insisting it on us."

I just shook my head and sigh. Yup! Never gonna happen.

♥♥♥♥♥

We flew back to New York with the pseudo blessing of my father. I feel bad for not being completely honest to them. If I had my way and if things and circumstances were different, I would never lie to my family. I know that I will bear this in my heart until the day I die. Lying to my family all because of love is not ideal but I would probably do this again in a heartbeat if I am faced with the same fate.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Nikolai said while inhaling at the back of my ear. Im looking outside while in the black SUV on our way home. We arrived in New York just when the sun is about to set. The horizon is yellow orange and everything around looks still and melancholic.

"Just a penny? You know for a Billionaire youre quite cheap."

Nikolai lets out a soft chuckle. I rested my head on his neck as my future husband and I cuddle. I inhale him deep down my lungs and let out a content sigh. This is where I belong. This is where I want to be for the rest of my life.