Chapter 2. The Albanian Mob Boss.

Belle's POV

I went to see Amy at Dylan's house after my class. The rose petals are already gone at Dylan's front lawn. Earlier this morning, I called my bestfriend to ask her if she could have the front lawn cleaned up before I arrive because Ivan and Vasily apparently reports everything to Nikolai.

"What happened to your mouth B?" She asked while stirring something in a bowl.

Geez, I thought I have already concealed my now bruised mouth with a concealer and lipstick. I have always been the kind that bruise easily. After going out of the shower this morning, I also saw bruises on my waist where Nikolai held and squeezed me tightly during his rage of jelousy.

"Uhh...allergic reaction." I responded.

"Nikolai made you eat olives? I should really talk to Nikolai about you B. Give him pointers on how to take care of a delicate flower like you."

"So does this mean you are not against him anymore A?"

"B, I'm just being the reasonable one here. Youre in love. Youre stupid. I get it. As your bestfriend I will support you but at the same time I am going to be your reality check. To be honest, I never thought I would be even playing this role at all. Before you met Nikolai, I really thought youre gonna be like my auntie Lyn who was so picky she ended up growing old and alone."

"I have never been picky!" I answered back.

Amy has a are you kidding me look on her face. If I think about it, if I hadnt been picky as what Amy accuses me to be, I probably wouldnt have ended up with Nikolai. I just smile inside. My past decisions were right. I am so proud of myself.

"So about Artan." She said quite loudly.

"Shush A!"

I lowered my voice while talking. "Nikolai and Alexei found the note Artan sent me."

Amy parted her lips in surprise."Omg B!! What did the note say?" She sits down in front of me closely as I tell her about what Artan said in the note.

"Oh my gosh B. Dont ever tell Nikolai nor Alexei about your former boss' identity. You know how your boyfriend and your other boyfriend deal with the competition."

"Other boyfriend?"

"Oh cmon B! Are you really that insensitive and blind?"

"What?" I asked her, slowly running out of patience.

"Im talking about Alexei. When he went here, his body language and his eyes said it all. Dylan told me he thought Alexei was really your boyfriend. My brother would not assume such a thing if he did not see it in you and Alexei."

"A, can you actually hear yourself right now? What youre trying to say is ridiculuos."

"B, remember this, one day, you will come running back here because you realize that you actually are in love with Alexei. Mark my words." Amy said while pointing her index finger on top of the table beside us.

"I am in love with Nikolai A. Look I'm even getting married to the man!" I said raising my left hand to show her my engagement ring.

"Im talking about Alexei and not Nikolai B."

This is not actually the first time that the people around me insists about me and Alexei. First, Matushka, now my bestfriend. I just shook my head and quickly brush off the crazy thought.

~

Im looking at myself in the mirror inside Yelena's room. I borrowed one of Yelena's royal blue strapless long gown with a long slit reaching my upper left thigh. The top part has glittery design accentuating my full breasts. I placed an intricately designed armlet with beautiful royal blue gems on my left forearm. I used a curling iron to define the waves of my hair even more. My double flick winged eyeliner and false eyelashes perfectly complement my nude lipstick.