Chapter 27. One Possessive Asshole.

Hello one and all. I have been down with the flu since Sunday. Im still not feeling well but because my love for all of you is more powerful than this virus, I still managed to write an update despite the relentless coughing, runny nose, teary eyes, and sore throat. This is me making you all feel bad about yourselves, you spoiled children you!

I love you all. Love me back will yah?

Dedicated to: LizethGonzalez7 and Cutegirlreader

Read on.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"I thought I did the right thing in sending you to America, but now I can see that it was a mistake. You have learned to be impertinent and disrespectful to us. You have become a disgrace to this family Arabella." My father looked down on me as he spoke. My mother is clinging on to his arm while helping him to balance and stand on his own and it's clear that he is hurting.

My heart broke into pieces. My mother got teary eyes while looking at my father like pleading not to continue what he was saying.

"Honey why dont we call this a night and we will all talk tomorrow? Come on." My Mother is running her palm on my father's side as what she would always do when she's trying to ease down my father.

I wasnt able to say a single word to Papa. I feel like small needles are pinching my eyes. I somehow expected this to happen and prepared my heart for whatever word that my father or any member of this family will throw at me but not to the expense of my father's own life.

Devon assisted my father to his room while Mama stayed. "Ara, can we talk in private?"

Nikolai, Alexei and Amy instantly understood and left the dining room. At this point my knees are already weakening so I sat down and held on to the table.

"All my life I have tried my best to live up to Pa's expectations and not once that I let him or you down. This time all I'm asking from you and Pa is to let me do things on my own and just be happy for me."

"Your pa needs more time to accept that his only daughter is getting married. Ara, remember that this news took us all by surprise. You just called all of a sudden after months of staying in New York that you are coming home with your fiance. It is safe to say that we are all still in shock and denial. Your father loves you very much and he only wants what's best for you." My ma said while hugging me tight.

"I know ma..I'm sorry." I dont have other reason to justify my stand. All I'm holding on to is my love towards Nikolai and Alexei. Pa and Devon have valid reason why they are against Nikolai. That's beside the fact that what they know is just a tiny bit of information about who the real Nikolai is. What more if they know that I am being shared by the Russian Mafia Boss and Underboss?

"Let your Pa rest tonight. Talk to him tomorrow."

"I know what happened to Papa. We can bring him to New York. We will have him checked up there and get a second opinion. I heard they have the best doctors there. I will take care of everything Ma. You can come with us back to New York. Nikolai has a private jet, pa will not have a hard time travelling."

"Ara, you know we cant impose it to your pa."

"I know, but you can talk to him ma. Please?"

♥♥♥♥♥

The next morning, I decided to talk to my father. I found him at the horses stable with Devon and Carlos. They are watching one of our workers tend to the horses. When my cousin saw me he looked at my father first before gazing away.

"Pa, can I talk to you?"

Devon and Carlos walked away from us. My father did not say word and continues to stand straight while pretending to ignore me. I wasnt able to contain it anymore so I instantly hugged him and rested my head on his chest.