Chapter 16. The Rendezvous.

Nikolai enters the classroom with a huge bouquet of red daisies, babies breathe and small balloons wrapped with glittery artsy paper in his right hand and a bunch of grass in his other hand. He clips a box of chocolates and a stuffed unicorn with pink hair and purple horn. Oh my gosh... how did he know that I have been wanting to have a stuffed unicorn? Not to mention the fact that he has the exact descripition of the stuffed unicorn that I want.

At this point Im already holding back a smile. Nikolai Vyacheslav Volkov, the Russian Mafia Boss looks so cute with stuffed animal, flowers and all. Dammit! Hold it together Belle. Dont give in just yet.

Yuri, Boris, Ivan and Vasily are bringing in flowers of different kinds placed in baskets and vases. They placed it on my desk, at the floor and around the classroom. They also brought a box full of stuffed toys for my kids. My kids look like they are having the best day ever.

My other kids are still busy with Goatie and their stuffed toys, while Stephanie is looking up at Nikolai. She's looking at him while leaning her head on her left side. Perhaps wondering what in the world is this funny looking man doing here.

Nikolai bent down to meet Stephanie on her eyes. He then whispered something to Stephanie and handed her a card. Stephanie quickly turns her back from Nikolai and ran towards my direction and gave me the card.

"Thank you Stephanie." I said.

The little girl lets out the sweetest smile ever, places her finger in her mouth and ran towards the box full of stuffed toys.

I looked at Nikolai first before slowly opening the card. The light illuminating from the outside is hitting directly on Nikolai's face. His beautiful green eyes are looking at me intently as if he's longing to touch me. His hair is brushed to the back. The wolf's head is peeking from his collar and the monogram V from his wrist. He is wearing a navy blue suit and sporting a serious look, making him look like danger in all angles. And as per usual, this unbelievable godlike presence instantly filled the room. It's like all my guards are starting to break down. I quickly remove my eyes from Nikolai's stare because there's no thinking straight if I continue looking at him. Ugh...Belle keep it together!

I looked down and slowly opened the card. To my surprise, the card played a song the moment I opened it, it had the lyrics printed on it at the same time.

I don't like the way he's looking at you

I'm starting to think you want him too

Am I crazy, have I lost ya?

Even though I know you love me, can't help it

I turn my chin, music up

And I'm puffing my chest

I'm getting ready to face you

Can call me obsessed

It's not your fault that they hover

I mean no disrespect

It's my right to be hellish

I still get jealous

'Cause you're too sexy, beautiful

And everybody wants to taste

That's why (that's why)

I still get jealous

Nikolai is trying to mumble the lyrics as the song plays although he's not parting his lips that much. At this point Im already struggling to hold back my laughter. I can feel my face heat up and I know Im already crimson. I dont know if Im going to laugh because apparently, Nikolai knows pop music and secondly because of the lyrics of the song. So this is what Nikolai has been feeling. Im looking at his face and my future husband is already dying of embarassment. Oh god, his face is as red as a tomato. I cover my mouth with my right hand while looking at him.