five

ACT THREE; SCENE FIVE—
IT WAS JUST A DREAM

voting would be appreciated!

IT WASN'T LONG before the six of them were back on track, retracing their steps until they had reached the place where they had started off— back to where Dolores and Lucy had spotted the lion. They were all sort of just huddled, unsure of what to make of the situation, what to do with themselves, and where to travel to now.

When arriving back in Narnia, the Pevensie's and Dolores had expected everything to be as it was before they had left, with no troubles at all, quite like their Golden Age. Yet, if there was anything this group knew best, it was that nothing ever happens in the same way twice.

"So..." Peter began, his focus turned onto the two younger girls who overlooked the cliff with sad eyes. "Where exactly do you think you saw Aslan?"

Lucy scoffed, before turning around to face the rest of the group, Dolores following suit. The youngest Pevensie's face was one of disgust, as well as disappointment, "I wish you'd all stop trying to sound like grown-ups," she pleaded.

"We don't think we saw him, we did see him." Dolores added, emphasising the 'think,' for dramatic effect. She looked down as she crossed one arm over the other, huffing as she started at the ground below.

"I am a grown-up." Trumpkin said quietly, unsure if he had the right to speak or not.

Dolores looked up momentarily with a small smile, making eye contact with Edmund, who appeared to be letting out a little laugh himself.

Despite no one other than Dolores believing her; Lucy made her way over to the spot she was standing at previously, "it was right over—" she began, before a loud scream escaped her lips as her entire body slipped through a hole— the ground splitting entirely.

"Lucy!" Susan cried, running over to where her sister once stood without hesitation, afraid of what she may find.

Everyone else followed suit, rushing over with nothing but panic brewing up inside of them. But what they saw was not what they were expecting at all. Lucy was fine, completely fine to their surprise. She was sat on a small piece of land which had saved her from a terrible fall— one that would most likely have resulted in her death.

Though, fortunately it did not have to come to that.

Either way, the ledge she was positioned on was their only way down, so it appeared that was the route they were to take. Almost as if it was their destiny to take that path.

Lucy looked up at the others with a worried expression, still seeming in shock, yet she attempted to give them a reassuring smile, though it wasn't at all convincing, "here..." she said, finishing off her previous sentence.

Peter was the first to jump down— helping everyone else regain their balance as they followed his lead. Dolores was the last one left, she was sat down on the edge of the cliffs ledge, staring down at Edmund with a smile.

"Help me please." She chuckled, reaching her hand forwards, beckoning for him to take it.

With a playful eye roll, Edmund reached his own hand up, placing his palm in the girls as he lifted her down carefully. "As you wish, Lo."