eight

ACT TWO; SCENE EIGHT —
LOVE AND WAR

WHAT CAME NEXT was both Dolores and Edmund having to tell the rest of the Pevensie's about the events prior to this day, the night by the lake. Though, the pair getting together was awfully predictable and not unexpected in the slightest as they'd been showing signs of feelings for the past two years or so. Yet they also knew it was an undebatable choice on having to tell the remaining four anyways, as we all know it's something they've been longing for since their first arrival in Narnia.

"I knew it!" Lucy squealed, clapping her hands together as a wide smile crept its way across her face. "That has by far just made my day ten times better than it already was."

Dolores chuckled slightly, "Lucy, it's nothing major. And anyways, I thought you all said you were expecting it, did you not?"

Peter scoffed loudly before replacing his expression with one filled with much more contentment, "Oh trust me, we were expecting it." He replied, everyone else laughing along quietly. "We just thought it would be a little sooner than it was, and by sooner I mean four years ago."

"Peter's right." Susan chipped, a grin plastered across her face. "You did take your time with this. I honestly cannot believe how utterly oblivious you both were to your feelings for one another. It truly baffles me."

Edmund shrugged and pulled Dolores closer to him, his arm snaking around her waist protectively despite there being nothing to protect her from, she was perfectly safe at this moment in time. "I mean, things take time you know. I had to make sure Lo one hundred percent had some sort of feelings for me, otherwise it could've affected the friendship we had, and I didn't want that."

"And neither did I." Dolores added, switching her gaze between the other three Pevensie's before placing her hands on her hips. "Either way, it doesn't matter, we're together now so I suppose we just have to pray it lasts for the sake of saving us all from the awkwardness if it does not." She joked.

"Don't say that." Edmund huffed, scowling at the thought of it. "That's not funny."

Lucy giggled slightly before turning to look up at the two. "Gosh, Edmund you're so boring. It was only a joke, there's no need to get all stroppy over a relationship that has yet to last, you only got together yesterday night for crying out loud."

"Lucy, that's enough." Susan sighed, scolding her sister lightly for tormenting their brother. "Leave them be, as Edmund said things take time, you'll understand that one day."

Lucy rolled her eyes playfully before Peter took a step forwards. "Anyways, enough of this useless talk, we need to focus on the more serious topics, King Basileus and Prince Arnold." He stated, folding his arms underneath and on top of one another. "I managed to speak with Oreius and he's ordered a few of the Narnian's to send the letter off. But he's also managed to get some information on what may happen if we aren't careful as well as other things."

"Do tell." Dolores replied, everyone nodding as if to be agreeing considering they're all eager to hear what the eldest Pevensie has found out.

"We've managed to put a meeting in place with Queen Magdalene, the Kings wife and the mother of Prince Arnold. We're hoping to set some boundaries with her and settle this problem once and for all, the outcome hopefully ending with Dolores not having to marry her son." He explained, everyone listening in closely. "Dolores you are being made to partake in this meeting without question. After all it will be all centred around you."