sixteen

ACT ONE; SCENE SIXTEEN —
CORONATION DAY

PEACE WAS RESTORED, Narnia was free, war was over. That's something no amount of Witches nor villains could ever take away from this place any longer — both Narnia in itself and the Narnian's that live amongst it were back to how it always should've been. All thanks to the Pevensie's and Dolores Kirke. When they all come of age, and this country no longer needs them, meaning they no longer have to dedicate spending the entirety of their lives running around, fighting battles for those who are in need, only then shall they be gone, and Narnia will never see the likes of them again — until they're at peace must I add. Only then shall they return, though hopefully that shouldn't be anytime soon.

But for now, as expected, on this date — January fifth, nineteen forty — was the specific day in which these four siblings and the Kirke girl shall receive their coronation and become crowned the King's and Queen's of Narnia. The nerves were all too worrying, yet Dolores knew she could pull through and give this kingdom what they deserved at last.

"My Queen." one of the Narnian's said, causing Dolores to turn around.

Upon seeing one of the female faun's curtsying before her, she smiled brightly and began speaking, "Rise my lady, i'm not Queen yet. Is there anything I can do for you, Athena?"

Once the faun rose out of her curtsy she returned the smile and cleared her throat, "Not particularly, it's not something you can do it's something you can choose." she explained, Dolores' eyebrow raising in confusion. "It's coronation day, as i'm sure you're well aware of, yet you still haven't fitted out your dress."

Dolores chuckled, "I see, that may be a problem. Do I have options?" she questioned, as she linked arms with the Narnian, "Come Athena, walk with me."

"Oh miss we have plenty of options so there's absolutely no need to worry about that." she exclaimed as she rushed to follow her soon to be Queen's lead — their arms still being intwined, "Follow me, there's a whole room full of all the dresses you could ever imagine, and they're all waiting for you my lady."

Dolores nodded to show her understanding and then began to walk after the faun, "Do you have any particular ones in mind? Though, I can assure you red is most certainly not my colour."

Athena stifled a laugh before quickly turning to face the now distraught girl. Dolores appeared to be panicking considering the coronation was drawing closer and still nothing had been arranged yet — god knows why it's took her up till the very last hour or two to sort out not only her clothing, but her hair as well. "I'm positive you'll look gorgeous in everything, Dolores. Now, here we are."

As she said this she twisted the door handles of one of the many rooms in Cair Paravel, only to reveal a number of the most beautiful dresses in all of the land — ones far more appealing to what Dolores has in her wardrobe back at home.

Her eyes widened in amazement as she stepped into the room, her lips parting slightly at the sight of it all. She must admit it was rather overwhelming, yet just knowing all of these were soon to be hers felt somewhat good. Never once has she borrowed, never mind owned anything in this world as jaw dropping as these clothes were. Something so simple yet worth everything finally belonged to her, and she deserved every last bit of it.

"These are so . . . " her sentence was cut short as she smiled to herself — it appeared that Dolores could barely put into words how magical this room actually felt to her, she was like a child in a sweet shop. Only these were much more valuable than a bar of chocolate or a bag of sweets could ever be, it was beyond compare, "So beautiful."