nine

ACT ONE; SCENE NINE —
THE JOURNEY

A COLD SHIVER ran down everyone's spine as they stood helplessly amongst the few animals that died trying to put up a fight for their country — or more specifically, for the people who lived in it, their family. You see, when it comes to a place such as Narnia, everyone who steps in, steps out or even lives within the country, you all automatically become a family, no matter how small, large, kind or grumpy you are, you are, and forever will be a family.

Unless you so happen to be a traitor, such as the White Witch who openly chose to disobey Aslan's laws — however, those who become traitors can always undo their past mistakes bringing peace to their country once more, that is the only exception. Treat not only Narnia in itself with respect, but the Narnian's as well who would do anything for their home and protector to be in the best of hands.

"What happened here?" Dolores asked, never taking her eyes off of the poor Badger, who too was nothing but a stone statue.

With that an unrecognisable voice spoke up giving a slight shock to the family, Dolores and the Beavers considering they were not expecting any source of presence to be lurking around these areas, especially when the Witch had been here, "This is what becomes of those who cross the Witch."

Peter's protective instincts began kicking in as he held his family (including Dolores) in a firm grip behind his back. However, the Beaver, who appeared to be fearless, dared to step forwards angrily and face the unwelcome guest, Mrs Beaver attempting to pull him back, "You take one more step traitor, and i'll chew you to splinters!"

"Leave him be." Dolores spoke, coming out from behind the eldest Pevensie — everyone shot her confused gazes, "Don't look at me like that. He's friendly, he isn't sided with the Witch."

Mr Beaver raised his eyebrow before turning to the girl, "Let's be sensible about this dear, this could cost you your life."

"I said leave him, he's good and far from a traitor. I'm certain." she argued — she had no idea what this feeling was yet she just felt so sure that this particular animal was far from a traitor, only now she had to hope, no pray, that her instincts were correct and not leading her to her deathbed.

"Relax." the fox replied as he jumped down from one of the houses, "I'm one of the good guys. You know you really should be more trusting when it comes to this one, she seems to be right."

Mr Beaver — still unsure on whether the fox was being truthful or not still decided to push him even further into questioning, "Yeah? Well, you look an awful lot like one of the bad ones."

The fox just sighed, "An unfortunate family resemblance. But we can argue breeding later. Right now we've got to move."

The wolves — nearing closer once more signified their presence by howling as they had done prior, only this time it sounded as if there was way more and they appeared to grow angrier with each bark. "What did you have in mind?" Peter asked, seeming rather impatient to get himself and everybody else to safety before their time was up.

The fox grinned already knowing what his plan was and exactly how it was going to take place. And with that, that was how the Pevensie children, Dolores and the two beavers had ended up in the highest place they were able to climb themselves into, one of the trees standing within the forest. The barrel — which had once covered the opening to the tunnel — came flying backwards as a few, very frustrated wolves came running out of it, not even hesitating to circle the poor fox.

Worthy Of Love | Edmund PevensieOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara