two

ACT ONE; SCENE TWO —
FRIENDSHIP FORMING

DOLORES HADN'T SAW much of the Pevensie siblings the following hours due to her busying herself with what she tends to refer to as 'much more important things to do' instead. But of course as we all know these so called importances only ranged from homeschooling work to even reading once again. She really does intend on becoming friends with her new surrounding faces, yet she also knows how intimidating and overwhelming her presence may be to them at this given moment considering they're still adjusting to their new lifestyle. So Dolores thought it would be better to allow them to have their space instead of accompanying them.

However, it seemed as though the siblings didn't want their said space since Dolores heard a rather light tap at her room, maybe a knock of some sort. She spun her head around to be faced with her closed door as she patted down her dress slightly to come across as impressionable and not dirty, "Come in."

Once the person standing on the opposite side of the door heard the conformation of the girl allowing them to walk in, they slowly twisted the door handle until their full appearance was revealed to Dolores.

Dolores smiled warmly once she saw who it was, it was one of the girls, the elder one, and oh my was she a beauty. Dolores almost felt jealous of how beautiful she appeared to be, however her grandfather always made sure to teach her, her worth and the consequences jealousy may bring to such people, so instead she pushed the thought behind her and spoke up instead, "Yes? Would you like something?"

"Um . . . not really, well yes, but it's nothing much. Me and my siblings just wanted to know if you wanted to come and join us maybe?" she began, "We thought you may be lonely by yourself and we didn't want to come across as rude for not asking. So would you?"

Dolores bit her lip nervously as she thought to herself, this was her chance, her chance to finally make a real friend. Not just one she somehow made up with her imagination, and not a fictional character from books she thought she related to either, these were people, real people.

You may think she's being rather ridiculous and thinking far too deep into something that's not even a big deal, but it was a big deal to her. My lord it was a huge deal for her, for her entire thirteen years of living she's never once had a friend, well she's perhaps had a few over the years but none that have lasted any longer than a month at most.

"Miss?" the voice called out again causing her to snap out of her own mind and back into reality, she looked up and smiled, "I'd love to join you and your family!"

"Perfect." the girl giggled, "My name is Susan by the way, Susan Pevensie."

"Dolores."

The pair headed into where Pevensie's bed chambers were, where Susan and her siblings will be staying for the following months. Susan walked in first before plonking herself on the bed next to one of the boys whereas Dolores just stood awkwardly in the doorway looking down at her nails once again, waiting patiently to be introduced.

Susan looked up at the girl before signalling her hand over and patting the empty spot beside her in hopes that the girl would sit beside her, "Come Dolores, sit."

Dolores nodded nervously and stumbled towards the bed before placing herself down on it slowly, "Guys this is Dolores, the professors granddaughter as you all know."