seven

ACT TWO; SCENE SEVEN —
MY GIRL

THE DAY RAN SMOOTHLY bringing Dolores and the Pevensie's to their evening dinner, to which you'll find they sit at every single night without question. Meals such as breakfast and lunch were usually spent separately considering it was actually awfully hard to find the time in their day to gather altogether. They often found themselves caught up in some sort of 'royal' duty instead, or perhaps even sometimes being too busy occupying themselves with other activities. However, Dolores had made it mandatory to spend the evenings together to allow the bunch some well deserved moments with one another.

"So, Peter." Dolores began, all whilst grabbing the bowl of potato's and placing a few onto her plate. "I haven't seen you all day, what have you been up to?"

Peter cleared his throat before looking up at the girl smiling, "Well this morning I was having a duel with Edmund-"

"To which you'll find I won, but she already knows that because I have already mentioned it." Edmund grinned, rudely interrupting his brother. However, this only made the three girls chuckle as the look on Peter's face was no where near impressed.

Susan contained her laughter as she too cleared her throat with a cough. She placed a hand over her mouth to continue finishing whatever piece of food she was chewing on before speaking. "As funny as it is, Ed. Do not interrupt your brother when he's speaking."

Now it was Peter's turn to grin, "I am High King after all, you should learn to not cut in on me whilst I'm talking."

This only caused Edmund to groan and slump back in his chair grumpily. Dolores couldn't help but share a glance with Lucy before the two began to burst out into another pit of laughter once again — honestly, there was never a time in this place where those two girls did not suffer from the giggles, it was practically an untreatable habit.

"Don't look so irritated, Edmund!" Lucy exclaimed, after finally composing herself and her laughs. "You have to admit, it was quite funny. Your face was priceless."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Edmund whined.

Dolores soon reached over — considering she was sat beside the boy — and placed a hand over his gently as if an attempt to calm him or even to just release him from such a bad-tempered mood. "Stop being so annoyed! We were only having a laugh." She smiled, whilst Edmund turned to look at her, his face softening slightly at the sight of hers. That was until she turned away and faced the family once again, only then did he return to his grumpy state. "Anyways, Peter, please continue."

"Ah, yes. As I was saying before I was very rudely interrupted." He stated, shooting daggers at his younger, and only brother. "After the duel, which ended in a success for Edmund." He rolled his eyes at this, "I went to rest for a little while before I went out hunting with Oreius."

"Any luck?" Susan asked, pitching into the conversation.

Peter shook his head before sighing. "None. You know, we haven't found a single thing whilst we've been out in the past week, I wonder where all of the prey has somehow disappeared to."

"That's odd." Dolores said, raising an eyebrow as she spoke. "Usually there's many things such as stags to hunt, do you reckon someone's messing with the woods?"